Article by Angie Webster
We Reiki practitioners love Reiki! Of course, Reiki is a wonderful tool to help you feel well and stay healthy, body, mind and spirit. If we allow it to, Reiki will open us up so we begin to see the many ways that we can feel well and live fuller lives. It clears the debris out of our path so we can see how we can best nourish ourselves. Once you start clearing your energy regularly, not only will you see the benefits of having open, healthy energy, but you will more clearly see how to maintain it.
Don’t get stuck on relying solely on Reiki to maintain your energetic well-being and keep you feeling your best! There are many things that you can do to help you be your best, in addition to regular Reiki. Notice the new things you are guided to as your mind and energy clears through your healing journey. Follow the lead of your intuition and explore the things that interest you or spark your curiosity!
Here are a few ways to support your health and your energy:
- Get a regular massage. Massage is very good for you in very similar ways to Reiki. It helps to move energy, as well as moving toxins on the physical level. It helps move fluids in the body that don’t move very easily on their own. And it feels amazing! If you can, find a massage therapist who is also trained in Reiki or some other form of energy healing. It’s a wonderful added boost to feel the warm energy coming through during the massage.
- Take a yoga class. Or develop a home practice. Any form of exercise moves energy, promotes the movement of body fluids and helps flexibility, strength, and balance. Yoga is especially good, as it works to connect the breath and the energy of the body with movement. Even a 15-20 minute practice at lunch time can clear your head and change your whole day.
- Spend more time outside. Sunlight and fresh air are very important to our health. Exposure to natural sunlight is the most efficient way for our bodies to make and absorb vitamin D, which is critical to our health. Energy moves more freely outside, opening our hearts and minds and helping our bodies heal. We have the benefit of grounding, as well, getting all the supportive energies of Mother Earth. Getting 10 minutes a day outdoors helps us get enough vitamin D and grounding to feel our best.
- Eat well. This will mean something different for everyone as we all have different food needs. Basically, eat what makes your body and mind feel clearer and stronger, rather than only giving in to old habits. There are many foods that taste delicious that are very healthy for you that you may have never explored simply because habit has kept you eating the same foods over and over. Check out new fruits and vegetables at the farmer’s market or produce section. Explore new recipes. Learn one thing you can make at home, instead of buying the boxed version. Be playful with it!
- Explore natural and herbal medicine. Nature has so many ways to offer us healing through her creations. For any problem that you may have, nature has a remedy, and Reiki is one of them. Plant medicine offers many others. Plants offer us food that nourishes and heals us at the same time. Many medicinal plants can be made into powders, syrups, honeys, tinctures, and essences to support our healing through various ailments. Seek the advice and guidance of someone who has knowledge in herbalism or folk medicine to help you get started on the right path for you.
- Try sound healing. Have you ever noticed that you feel very different around certain sounds or around music? Sound moves energy very well. The vibration of the sound moving through our body helps to shift energy within us and the right sounds can raise our vibration and heal. There are many forms of sound healing, including gong baths, crystal bowls, Tibetan singing bowls, chanting, humming and singing. Even simply listening to birdsong or the sound of water flowing is healing. Put on some gentle music, close your eyes and rest now and then. Or simply make your music choices with the awareness that it is affecting your energy—and choose wisely!
- Have good boundaries. Pay attention to the way you cord to other people and situations. If you get caught up in other people’s problems, are a “fixer” or a “savior”, have a hard time saying no or stating what you need, then working on your boundaries could help you in many ways. Gossiping, chronically worrying over and caring for others, and the belief that your own self-worth comes from the help you give others all drain your energy. Learning that you can’t carry everyone else’s energy is part of learning to care for your own. These ways of interacting with others can be deeply ingrained, so it can be difficult to look at them and make changes. It can even trigger fears. But if you keep at it, you will feel better and have better, more fulfilling relationships in the long run.
Your healing path will be rich and fulfilling if you keep your heart and mind open to all the ways there are to nurture yourself and more fully step into the person you are!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Angie Webster is a Reiki Master, Teacher, and Author. Angie’s primary focus is animal Reiki, which she adores. She teaches online classes on energy healing, flower essences, herbalism, and personal growth. Angie often works with nature healing and Earth healing, hoping to better understand our connection with Mother Earth. Angie is the author of Animal Reiki: How it Heals, Teaches & Reconnects Us with Nature and Reiki from A to Z. You can follow her at: angie-webster-healing.teachable.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/angiewebsterhealing).