Article by Dhwani Parikh
Reiki symbols are not just symbols, but they are scientifically connected to the nature and its elements. The secret of the Reiki symbols which are taught during the second level and the master level cannot be revealed in the words, they can actually be experienced during the practice of Reiki meditation. During the attunement process, they are “psychically imprinted” into the students’ subconscious minds. There are mainly four symbols in Reiki, but to include all the basic elements of nature (“Panchbhuta”) such as earth, fire, air, water and space, I am explaining as five basic symbols. With Reiki practice, if these elements are combined, they will bring exceptional results to the practitioner. According to the need of the healing, the Reiki practitioner should combine the symbols with the crystals and bring the balance to the body of the person.
The power symbol
The power symbol is related to the earth element. Earth element brings stability, strength, comfort and grounding. The person who has balanced their earth element can feel a deep connection with the earth and feel more rooted or grounded. These people are able to be calm and have better thoughts and also can balance their lives. The meaning of the symbol “Cho Ku Rei” is “to place the power of the universe”. So, wherever we use this symbol, we actually bring the energy of the universe to that thought or thing. It balances the earth element in the people. This symbol helps to make sure the flow of the energy and it removes all the blockages created during the different phases of the life. The blockages are created mainly due to greediness, laziness, attention seeking attitude, narrow-minded thoughts and overly materialistic gain thoughts. This symbol helps to fulfill our wishes and increases the power of the other symbols by removing such blockages. Earth element is also related to the north side and the archangel for this element is angel Uriel.
During the attunement or after the attunement, some people get headaches and fever generally during the initial days of cleaning. This happened due to the energy you give that comes through your crown chakra, but due to blockages it cannot pass through the root chakra and it gets stuck inside your body and creates instability of energy. During this, the energy remains very high in the upper part and less in an amount in the lower part due to lack of grounding which results in fever, headache etc. Reiki actually removes these blockages by ensuring the energy flow throughout the body.
Crystals used for balancing the earth element: Agate, Emerald, Green Jade, Green Tourmaline, Halite (salt rock crystal), Hematite, Jasper, Jet, Malachite, Onyx, Obsidian, Peridot, Quartz, Salt, Black Tourmaline.
Plants used to balance the earth element: Patchouli, Wheat, Vetiver, Sea-oats, Indiangrass.
Meditation to be followed:
A person who wants to balance the earth element could follow the meditation as below.
- To get the maximum of the earth energy, this meditation should be performed in the garden.
- Muladhara chakra is highly related to this element. To connect with the earth element, you should remove your shoes.
- Now close your eyes and relax.
- Do your Reiki prayer and call the archangel Uriel and pray to guide you through the meditation.
- Start the Reiki flow from the crown chakra and pass through all the chakras and imagine that the energy in excess is going in the earth via the touch of your body to the earth.
- Imagine that there are so many roots coming out from you and going in the ground very deeply.
- Feel the earth element and feel the solidity and compactness of the earth element.
- Direct your mind’s awareness to the trees. Present your gratitude for giving so many things including fruits, shade, wood, paper and the most important pure air.
- Feel the compactness of the roots of the trees which stand in the wind, rain or any bad weather. Bring that solidity to your thoughts and get grounding to your thoughts.
- Think about the things you want in your life related to the earth element such as financial stability, career stability, health stability and success with peace.
- Say thanks to all the natural elements before finishing your Reiki prayer.
- You can use the crystals, plants and candles in this meditation.
- Feel the stability and smile before you finish your meditation.
You can also take half an hour walk twice a day with barefeet in the garden. During this you can do Reiki simultaneously, this will also bring the balance of the earth element. Also, you can visualize that when you walk each step, it deeply connects with the earth. If you practice this earth element meditation regularly, this will bring stability in your thoughts and overall in your life.
Love and Light!
Founder & CEO of Race is Not Over, Astrologer, motivational speaker, counselor, pharmacist & Reiki Master Dhwani Parikh is the founder of "Race is Not Over" and a pharmacist by profession, attuned to master level Reiki. She has started her journey with Reiki nearly 14 years ago. She has given at least 4-6 Reiki healing sessions per week globally from these many years. She is an astrologer and gives remedies based on planetary positions combined with Reiki healing. She has an in-depth understanding of chakras, natural healing, energy healing, effect of planetary position on Reiki energy and healing. She has travelled across 18 countries. She is voracious reader and university topper in her studies. She has reduced 14+kgs of weight using Reiki and natural remedies. Also, consulted for weight management and healthy living successfully. She currently lives in Toronto, Canada.
You can reach Dhwani on email@example.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/raceisnotover/