Article by Vedant Vikrom Borah
So it has been a while since I wrote in the “Healing with Herbs/Spices” series. How are you all doing? Have you included Star Anise, Basil or Bay Leaf in your rituals or healing? Like it has been said earlier that the use of herbs and spices provide us with numerous health benefits some of these also have great magical properties. This is perhaps due to the chemicals present in them which when released into our aura or air brings about a mental shift or a change in our disposition. Reiki is an amazing tool for us to enhance these properties and accept the changes it brings into our life. I have always been drawn towards the spices I have written about till date. Just breathing in the scent/aroma of these spices have helped me calm down or shift my thought process to a broader perspective. I never knew why and found it kind of strange. It now makes so much sense after Reiki happened to me. So let’s look into cinnamon and how we can explore it further.
Cinnamon is reported to be first used by Indies and Arabians as a spice and tea. It was later prescribed as a cure for various respiratory disorders including flu, sinus, asthma and chronic inflammation of the mucous membrane. Yes, the very scent of cinnamon allows us to breathe easily and shifts our consciousness into a more receptive, happy mode. It comes from the evergreen Laurel family (so does bay leaf) and is scientifically named – Cinnamomum zeylanicum and C. verum.
Essential oil extracted from cinnamon leaves and bark contains a compound eugenol, including moisture, protein, fat, fibre, carbohydrates and ash, calcium, phosphorous, iron, sodium, potassium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin C and A. This amalgamation of bioactive compounds makes it an effective medicinal spice with anti-spasmodic, antifungal, antibacterial properties. Besides it aids a great deal in treating influenza, sore throat and malaria, if used regularly. Other diseases it helps treating are gastritis, chronic fatigue, poor circulation, rheumatism, diarrhoea, menstrual problems, and leucorrhoea. There are various studies which instructs us to include cinnamon with honey and lime water first thing in the morning; not only does this help us release excess body weight but also improved our immune system.
Zodiac: Aries, Leo
Chakra: Solar Plexus
Goddess/ God: Angus, Aphrodite, Venus
With so varied application, this spice has found its application in almost every sphere of life – health, vigour, prosperity, love, protection, psychic abilities, and was initially used to smudge temples and sacred spaces clean from any lower energies and in turn help us expand our consciousness for any kind of healing or spiritual work. See whenever we raise our vibration and strengthen our aura, lower energies cannot ‘reach out’ to the higher vibrations or are unmatched energy-wise leading them to move or stay out of our zone of high energy. This is perhaps why many use cinnamon oil for prosperity and protection. This allows people or shopkeepers to sprinkle powder at the entrance or at home to keep unwanted energies away.
You can include them in your healing sessions
So knowing its application in such varied fields, let us see how we can use it in our day-to-day healing session:
- Related to the Sun, it has a very active male energy associated with it and so can used for protection by tying few sticks of cinnamon and hanging it in your healing space or home. We can also burn the cinnamon powder before extensive healing sessions at your office or spa or in-between dealing with clients before a Tarot reading or channelling.
- Remember? In the previous articles I mentioned to hang Star Anise and/or a couple of bay leaves at doorstep of your residence? The very same can be done with cinnamon. However, as a personal protection amulet, you can carry a pouch which contains all the spices mentioned and a Black tourmaline tumble. Infuse this with Reiki or even the Pentagram for personal protection. It works amazingly!
- Using cinnamon oil in air diffuser also greatly enhances the protection and prosperity vibrations of your room/house. Use the same for a romantic dinner and see the difference! 😉 Also, it brings about a warm feeling and thus is great during winter season.
- Because of this aura enhancing ability, you can use it for prosperity and abundance manifestation. Either as aroma oil or even to anoint candles infused with Reiki and symbols of your choice like Vashudha, Kriya, or any other abundance symbols. Use it even when chanting for prosperity whether you chant switchwords or mantras.
- Keep a stick in your wealth box. If you are into spell casting, use it to cast your circle. When quick cash is the concern, take a bowl and sprinkle some cinnamon powder. Write the amount you require on a piece of paper, draw all Reiki symbols you feel guided to and place it in the bowl with a few coins in good faith. Place this in your sacred space. Using crystals is a personal choice. When the needs are met, burn the paper and with the coins buy a snack for someone hungry/needy/beggar as an expression of gratitude.
- After an exhausting day at work, you can breathe in the aroma of cinnamon sticks or burn the powder in your room and channel Reiki to your knees. You will be refreshed and energized in no time.
Mind you prosperity and abundance are a mind-set. It is how you look at life and your present situation that determines your ability to attract abundance. Mere burning of any herb/spice will not mean money flowing into your account just like that. Also, there are ways to use it for psychic development. But I insist we work more towards aura strengthening and protection first. I also always insist you work with your Higher Self and Higher Guides. This becomes important as I do not want anyone to blindly follow whatever is presented to you.
Relating an incident – a sweet soul once approached me saying,
“Your bay leaf method doesn’t work. I asked this question and burnt it, it said a yes. Then I asked another question and it said a yes.”
“So where is the problem? You are being answered in the affirmative!”
“For the same doubt I just asked it phrasing the questions differently to be very sure!”
“And how many times did you do that?” (Thinking to myself I made a big mistake writing that on a public platform)
“A total of 9-10 questions (on the same subject)”
Anyways, please exercise precaution and do explore this spice further in your day to day healing session and also include it in diet. I am not mentioning anything that I personally have not used, so if you feel more can be explored with this spice, do so. Do let me know more about it as well.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Vedant Vikrom Borah is a Biotechnologist and a Reiki healer and teacher. He practices Usui Reiki, Karuna® Reiki, Karmic Reiki, Angel Reiki, Soul Mate Reiki, Deep Healing Reiki, Tiger Reiki, Kundalini Reiki and has embarked on the journey as a Pranic healer. He feels Reiki has helped him accept and let go and live life to the brim. Find Vedant on Facebook at Healing Child.