Article by Justine Melton
Raising children is a privilege and a joy. However, it is also not always an easy path. Sometimes you have longed for children, sometimes they are a surprise, and sometimes children appear in your life in mysterious ways. No matter the circumstance, once you are a parent you are on a lifelong journey with that child.
No matter how relaxed and grounded you are there are always times when things happen that challenge you. Burn out is easy and the phrase “it takes a village” is very true. Taking time for yourself and having a parenting plan of how you would like to parent can help keep you on track when you have hard days. I always recommend affirmations combined with Reiki. They can be especially helpful for parenting if you do them at the beginning of the week. It will help set the tone of the week for you and keep things in motion for you for the rest of the week. If you are having a hard day you can stop what you are doing, take a brief time out and use the affirmations then as well.
How To Use Positive Parenting Affirmations:
The method I recommend for parenting affirmations is slightly different from other affirmations. First, I recommend that you make a list of affirmations that will help you be the positive parent you want to be. After all, kids feed off of your energy. The more loving and positive you are the more loving, positive and centered your children will be! You need to be brutally honest with yourself here and write affirmations that hit a key with you. If you are not honest they are not going to work. Once, you have the list make a large Reiki symbol over it and beam Reiki to it for 5min. Next, make one large distance symbol over it before closing with a power symbol. You now have a list with Reiki energy that is ready to be used at any time.
I recommend using this list whenever it is that you start your new week. Most often this will be on a Sunday night or Monday morning. Repeat the affirmations on the list one by one for 10min while really allowing yourself to feel the energy of each statement. Picture yourself in each statement as if it is already a reality. The reason you charged the affirmation list with the distance symbol when it was made was so it could be called upon at any time during the week when you feel you may need a little positive healing Reiki energy for positive parenting. Call upon it whenever you need to. Simply close your eyes and recite the affirmations quietly in your mind. It really is that simple!
Examples of Positive Parenting Affirmations:
- I am an amazing parent that radiates love and peace at all times.
- I am proud of my parenting.
- I have all the patience in the world for my children.
- My children can feel my love for them every day.
- I have absolute confidence in my parenting abilities.
- I am 100% supportive of my children.
- I am in charge of the energy surrounding my family. I only allow positive energy in.
- I know just how to meet my child’s needs.
- I am enough. I am amazing.
- I am so blessed with such amazing children. I can do it. I am strong.
- I am an awesome teacher for my children.
- My children find a safe, loving peaceful place with me.
- My children feel safe to share all their feelings with me and I have the confidence that I can help them in anyway.
- Difficult days bring important lessons. I am thankful and am making the best of today.
- My children soak my words up like a sponge. My words are kind, loving and full of strength.
- I give my children positive support whenever they need it.
Wishing you all love, light and blessings.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.