Article by Angie Webster
Light supports us and fills us with strength. It gives us life and energy and its beauty fills us with joy. Both the light of this world and the light of the Higher Dimensions can be called upon to clear and strengthen our energy bodies and support us physically.
This is a practice you can do regularly, even daily or multiple times a day. You can make it part of meditation, self-Reiki or simply make it a mindfulness practice that you return to periodically to re-center yourself. If you are calling on the light of this world—the light of the sun—to help you, you could consider doing this exercise outdoors or near a window where light is streaming in, as this may help you feel connected. You can call on the light of the sun even if you can’t see it. You can call on the light of the Higher Dimensions at any time.
- If you like, sit down or lie down and make yourself comfortable. Close your eyes and simply ask that the energy of light begin to pour into your body.
- Sense the light flowing into your skin. You may begin to feel quite warm.
- Sense the light flowing into your Crown. Perhaps you will also feel it flowing into the soles of your feet and the palms of your hands.
- Ask the light to flow down your spine and through all of your chakras, clearing any blockages and balancing the energy. Sense this happening. Ask it to fill you with strength and vitality.
- Ask the light to flow through your entire energy body, through all the pathways and the aura, clearing and sealing as it goes. Ask it to infuse you with strength and to raise your vibration as high as possible. Sense the light flowing all around you.
- Picture the light settling on the lower 3 chakras and storing energy there for you to use later. When it is finished, allow this energy to drop into your lower belly. You may feel a fluttering, a warmth or a tingling sensation at this point.
- Place your hands over your lower belly and take 3 deep breaths into this area, completely relaxing the belly.
- Thank the light for assisting you.
You can also do this exercise with the light of the moon, which is especially wonderful to do on a full moon evening! I have invited starlight to flow through me as well. This practice is a wonderful form of energy medicine and works in a beautiful way when combined with Reiki. I love sitting outside meditating and practicing self-Reiki while inviting light to flow through me. Reiki and crystals do greatly magnify the effects of the sun with this exercise, so take this into consideration when working with strong physical light such as the sun. Keep the sessions to no more than 5 or 10 minutes to prevent sunburn.
Angie Webster is a Reiki Master Teacher and author. Angie’s primary focus is animal Reiki, which she adores. She also teaches classes and workshops about Reiki and spiritual growth. She works often with nature healing and Earth healing, hoping to better understand our connection with Mother Earth. Angie is the author of Infinite Reiki, Infinite Healing: How Energy Medicine Healed my Life and What It Can do for Yours. Reiki and a healthy lifestyle contributed to her healing after a 20-year struggle with neurological and chronic pain issues. She comes out the other side with a new perspective on life and now seeks to empower others, guiding them back to their own innate healing abilities. You can follow her at: angie-webster-healing.thinkific.com, https://www.facebook.com/HolisticSpirituality, http://www.serenityenergyhealing.com/