Article by Justine Melton
There are so many fun things that you can pair with Reiki to receive messages from the other side. One of the most popular ways is through oracle/angel cards. I use the term oracle/angel cards interchangeably because the only difference is that one deck is based off of angels bringing messages and the other from the universe in general. Pick which one resonates with you and matches your personal belief system and create that deck. If you have not used these types of cards before they offer positive messages from the universe/ angels to help bring you the greatest good along your path.
Did you know that it is both fun and easy to make your own oracle/angel cards? Did you know that it is even easier to combine them with Reiki? Below you will find out how to do both. Use this for yourself, pass along to friends or save to give to clients who you think could get a lot out of creating something on their own.
How to make your own Oracle/Angel Cards:
- I recommend using thick paper but any type will work. Select the kind of paper that works for you and cut it into rectangle shapes. They can be any size you like. Make sure that you have at least 10 rectangles. These are your cards.
- Select 10 basic Universal messages that you feel would help you to give an accurate reading. Be sure to offer positive congratulatory messages as well as some that offer positive redirection. For example, you could do a “success” card that symbolizes that you are on the right path and to keep up the good hard work. You could also do a “cleaning house” card that tells you to positively clean house and get rid of unnecessary baggage that is cluttering your space and keeping you from achieving the goal you desire. Write these messages on the cards.
- Optional Step: Once you have your messages selected and written on the cards draw a picture above the message on each card. Make sure that it is on the same side as the message itself.
- Select an image to decorate the back side of your cards with. Each card needs to have the exact same symbol so that not one card stands out to the eye more than another. If you would like to leave the back side blank or use a solid color that works too.
- Optional: Once the cards are finished if you would like you may laminate the cards to help them last longer. Go with what you feel like here. Some people feel this takes away from the natural state of their cards and some people love it and feel like it makes them more official. You can also create your cards on a computer and simply print them out if you prefer. It’s your call. Messages still come through no matter if they are computer generated or homemade.
How to pair Reiki with Oracle/Angel Cards:
- Every time I use Oracle & Angel Cards I make one large Master Symbol over the top of the deck of cards. I then knock on the top of the deck one time (like I’m knocking on a door) and visualize that any dark or stagnant energy has been knocked out of the cards and that only clean positive energy remains.
- Use Oracle/Angel Cards at the start of a Reiki session to ask what the client needs to know for the greatest good. You can also ask the cards what the client should be focusing on during the session.
- Send Reiki energy to the cards before a regular card reading to deliver messages of healing for the clients greatest good. You can do this through visualization techniques where you surround the cards in white light and make Reiki Symbols (whatever symbols you feel called to use) over them. Another option is to simply make a Power Symbol over the cards and then beam Reiki to them for 2-5min.
Above all have fun! Different healing modalities are meant to bring you positive energy in different ways. Listen to yourself, do what works for you and you won’t go wrong. Reiki is all knowing. Anything you bring Reiki to will end up being for the greatest good of all involved. Don’t spend time worrying that you have missed a step and because of it you may have thrown off a healing. Reiki practitioners have amazing healing energy to share. Have some fun and get creative with what you have to offer.
Wishing you all love and light.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/SoulRenew