Article by Reiki Master Moumita Rudra
Many people who are not into Reiki and not practicing Reiki on a regular basis, ask me how to find time to practice Reiki on a regular basis? For many (including me) it’s difficult to sit for an hour or two to meditate and practice Reiki on a daily basis. However we still can practice Reiki without getting stressed to practice Reiki. Sharing a few tips which I do on a regular basis. Practitioners from all level can incorporate these on their daily routine.
- When we get up in the morning, I am sure we can have 3-4 minutes to spend for ourselves. Start your day by centering yourself (Quick Steps to centre yourself with Reiki) and shielding yourself. That’s very important and it takes less than 5 minutes.
- When you go to have bath, we can Reiki our bathing water either in bucket or in shower. If you are attuned to any symbol, please invoke the symbols in the bathing water or on the head of the shower. If you are not attuned to any symbol, just have the intention that the bathing water will clear any impurities or foreign energy attached to you. I use salt water too to have bath and infuse it with Reiki.
- When you have your breakfast, you can always heal your food. Either just by having the intention or placing your hands on the food for 2/3 minutes.
- When you are stepping outside house, you can have a smoother journey with Reiki. If you are attuned to symbol, take deep breath, draw the power symbol with the tip of your tongue inside your mouth, mentally name it thrice and release it / blow it in the air to have a safe and smooth journey. During this practice, relax yourself and take the breath from nose, feel it in your heart and then blow it out from your mouth. This process is called Koki Ho.
- Many of us travel by public transport. It gives us enough time to practice. I found a few very easy ways to practice Reiki while traveling or rather utilizing the travel time. You can use any small object – for example a stone, a photo, a pen or anything. If you want to heal yourself or anyone else, invoke Reiki, have the intention to heal yourself or any particular person through the object. Hold the object inside your palms. Give Reiki. If you are attuned to any symbol, you can invoke the Power Symbol and Distance Symbol. I usually just invoke the Master Symbol and Power Symbol. Hold it in your palms as long as you want. It’s convenient to do so while traveling.
- While traveling, similarly you can hold any crystal (which can fit into your palms) and clear it. If you are taking any medicine on a regular basis, in similar way you can give Reiki to the medicine also, you can hold your phone in your hand and can give Reiki to your phone for better battery life and performance. You can actually give Reiki to anything you wish to!
- In any particular place – say office or any place where you regularly go, you can take help of energy flooding; again it’s a very beautiful and simple way to do so. Invoke the distance symbol. Imagine the white light entering from your Crown chakra, filling each and every part of your body with the white light. And when your entire body is filled with white light, imagine you are flooded with the white light and the white light from your body is flooding the room or the space or the people around you. Wish for everyone’s highest good.
- When you go to sleep, you can heal and balance your chakras. Find 45 minutes to an hour time to do so. You can give Reiki to your bed, your pillows for a sound sleep.
- If you have a small kid whom you wish to give Reiki, while the kid is going to sleep, you can simply place your hand on your kid and have the intention (whatever reason you are giving Reiki to the kid or just have a generic intention).
- Many of us go to spa / salon. It’s one of my most preferred times to practice Reiki. I go for a foot massage or a head massage or a facial when we have good 30 minutes, I can use my hands conveniently to give Reiki to any particular Chakra – specially Heart chakra, Solar Plexus etc. if you can heal just by using symbols and intention, you can mentally draw your palms and place them on any chakra where you feel the need.
Apart from these, you can give Reiki to plants, animals, Mother Earth on a regular basis without being too stressed about finding the time.
It’s always advisable to practice Reiki at least for 45 minutes to an hour every day, in case you do not have that much of time, you can try out the above points – any of these. They fit in your busy schedule easily.
Hope you like these simple ways of making Reiki a regular practice.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Moumita is a Reiki Master Teacher, a spiritual healer who practices Usui Reiki, Magnified Healing, Soul Mate Reiki, Tiger Reiki, Deep Healing Reiki, Karuna Reiki, Kundalini Reiki and some more. She is also a tarot and oracle card reader. She offers in online/distance tarot consultation healing, as well in-person consultation. She also communicates with angels and believes that the angels are always around us looking forward to guide anyone who needs it.
Her journey into healing has been magical where she was chosen by Reiki over various situations and gradually revealed beautiful insights of life, spirituality and healing.
She is now a fulltime mother, raising her daughter with love, kindness and compassion with a dream to pass on the beauty of healing to her offspring.
She quit her 12 years long corporate job recently to spend more time with her daughter and doing things that she really loves and enjoys doing. Healing is one of them.
She created her Facebook page The Healing Space by Moumita in 2015 with a dream of spreading more joy, love and awareness. She believes that we all come to this earth to spread love and spiritual awareness can help to spread love.