Article by Vedant Vikrom Borah
Earth laughs in flowers, Part – 2
In the previous article we have seen why a chakra is symbolized in the form of a lotus flower. In continuation, the lotus or Nelumbo nucifera symbolizes purity, peace, serenity. It calms the mind, when connecting to it, it opens our heart centre and also aids in improving speech and concentration. It helps open up all the chakras and also for the Root chakra to listen to the Heart. Thus it brings about balance, compassion, love in our life. The lotus is also considered as the symbol of immortality and rebirth, as it can withstand tough conditions and the seed remains inactive for long periods of time deep beneath earth until the conditions are favourable for it to break senescence, and grow into a beautiful whole plant again.
In Yoga, the classic meditation pose is called the padmasana which involves keeping the spine straight for transmission of energy along the silver cord reaching to the highest state of Consciousness.
“Meditating on the Lotus is said to bring peace and stillness into all aspects of our being. The soul is said to live in the Lotus within the heart; thus, the crown chakra cannot be fully open without the heart being fully open as well.”
Goddess/ God: Isis, Hermus, Lakshmi, Kwan yin
Actually, all the four elements are associated with the Lotus. The plant springs from mud and muck (Earth element) where it is deeply rooted, it always grows in Water bodies, the leaves and flower unfurl only when it is exposed to the Air element above, while this unfurling is symbolic of the Fire of transformation. For its Spirit essence the following meditation connects the lotus, and hence our connection with the Divine.
- This is a visualization meditation which uses the lotus flower as a symbol. Thus, take a look at a picture of a Lotus flower which will aid visualization during meditation.
- Deep breath to a count of 20 (perhaps even counting backwards from 20 to 1).
- Attitude of Gratitude.
- Invoke and call upon the Reiki guides, Spirit guides, Animal guides, Angels, Archangels. Any or all as you want to.
- Draw two HSZSN, one along the vertical axis of the body, which is from head to coccyx and other above your Crown chakra.
- Bring your attention to your Root chakra, located at the base of your spine. Draw the Power symbol there.
- Imagine a seed there; as you draw the Power symbol visualize the seed to give rise to its stalk.
- This stalk will now grow upwards along the sushumna (or Silver cord); Root to Sacral to Solar Plexus to Heart to Throat to Third Eye to Crown.
- As the stalk reaches the Crown chakra at a point above your head, visualize the lotus bud slowly blossom.
- Once it attains its full blossom, visualize it receive the sun light or energy. You may also visualize this energy as Reiki energy pouring onto the lotus in the form of the Power symbol or the Master symbol.
- Guide the energy down along the stalk passing down along the Root chakra into the roots from the seed deep into Mother Earth.
- Stay in this state for as long as you wish to. Initially five minute for this entire visualization process is fine. You may increase the time with more session.
- Close the session by drawing the Power symbol. Feel grounded and connected to the spirit above.
Just like the lotus who unfurls every morning reaching out for the Sun, our soul reaches out to the Light for spiritual transformation, to fulfil its karmic destiny. This meditation assists us in our spiritual unfoldment. For those who try out this meditation, please drop in your experience with all of us here or message me.
Free PDF chart download: We’ve created a PDF chart inspired by this article, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Vedant Vikrom Borah is a Biotechnologist and a Reiki healer and teacher. He practices Usui Reiki, Karuna® Reiki, Karmic Reiki, Angel Reiki, Soul Mate Reiki, Deep Healing Reiki, Tiger Reiki, Kundalini Reiki and has embarked on the journey as a Pranic healer. He feels Reiki has helped him accept and let go and live life to the brim. Find Vedant on Facebook at Healing Child.