Article by Ashwini Chubé
It was summer of 2011. I was in London in a taxi. All of a sudden I heard screeching sound and my cab came to a sudden halt almost throwing me off my seat. I looked at my sister who was sitting next to me. She was off her seat too. The taxi driver got of his seat and all I could see was smoke from the car bonnet. The taxi driver made sure we were okay and we really were. When we got off the cab, we saw the front of the cab was completely crashed; the headlights were broken and the front was broken into million pieces. And not even a single scratch on us? As if someone held us in their loving arms. As if someone stood as a cushion in between us. Someone protected us… Safeguarded us…
Who was it? Was it an angel?
Angels and our beliefs
Many times we observe that, our unreasonable hunches or intuitions lead us to our happiness and things working out perfectly well for us. Whereas the most rational, logical, and perfect judgements based on widely accepted society norms land us in the deepest issues making us miserable.
Those who have not experienced celestial or divine intervention will definitely and obviously find it difficult to believe in angels. However, some of us have experienced what we call as divine intervention from the higher energies. This one incidence or incidences have changed us for the good. We have started having a belief in an unknown power, which is always protecting or safeguarding us. We start believing in prayers and believe in “ask and it is given”.
Reiki further opens a lot of divine opportunities and lot of natural help. This is especially true when your chakras are clean, thus helping you to see/hear/feel the divine guidance.
Who are the Angels?
Who exactly are angels? A question, which often arises from most of us. An angel literally means a messenger of the God.
Characteristics of Angels
- Angels are celestial beings
- They are pure love and light
- They are non-denominational
- They do not belong to any particular religion or religious group
- They do not have ego
- They operate on the law of free will
- Can be called upon by anyone and everyone
9 Choirs of angels
Angels can be classified into 9 different groups, which are called choirs. Please note that although they have different functions and tasks assigned, all the angels are energy and have a basic aim of watching over us and protecting and loving us.
Seraphim – To keep God’s secrets, they are the burning angels closest to God
Cherubim – To be in charge of all the God’s knowledge
Thrones – They have the power of judgement and spiritual justice
Dominations – To rule or dominate the order with their wisdom
Virtues – To watch over weather, rain snow, mother earth
Powers – To fight the wicked spirits and evil
Principalities – To protect the nations and leaders
Archangel – Have specific functions, being the leaders of angel armies and of rays
Guardian Angels – To watch over us in our incarnations
Angels drop in signs to show their presence
Human rational mind will need confirmations to believe in the divine. Hence angels act through such signs:
- Feathers: Feathers are the most basic and first sign that the angel is around.
- Numbers like 444, 777,111: Angels play through numerology and send us loving messages.
- Loving thoughts: Angels bring loving thoughts in your head. Your Crown chakra feels flooded with messages of love.
- Warmth in the coldest weathers: This is very true when we connect to angels in meditation. They bring a pleasant warmth.
- Fragrance: Sometimes, divine presence can be felt via fragrances. We may smell roses or jasmines or flowers when there aren’t any.
- Angel written on a hoarding or a bus or a cab: I have seen so many instances of them myself. Angels try to show their presence with clear sign like this.
How to connect
There are several ways in which you can connect to the Angels. Following are some of them:
1) Meditation with Reiki
- Sit in a comfortable position where you won’t be disturbed
- Close your eyes and deep breathe 5-6 times
- Relax all muscles of your body
- Now start counting 10-9..through 1
- Draw the Reiki symbols mentally… especially the distance symbol and activate them ( meaning chant its name thrice)
- You can say out loud or in your mind “please connect me to my Guardian Angel”
- Feel the warmth and be in a receiving mode to hear any messages
- You can also ask softly, “My dear Guardian Angel please tell me your name”
- You’ll hear a name. You can note it somewhere.
- Human rational mind always needs a confirmation. You can ask for it. Simply say in your mind “Dear Guardian Angel, please give me a confirmation in the next few days”.
- You’ll be surprised you may see or hear a sign in the next few days for eg: If your angel’s name is Cherry… you might see a shop with a hoarding called ”Cherry chemicals“ or may hear something on radio saying Cherry.
2) Oracle cards
I so love oracle cards. They are uplifting and have an energy of their own and cannot go wrong as are based on the law of attraction.
There are many beautiful oracle cards available on Angels. Choose the deck, which you are drawn to. Rather let the deck choose you. You can make your own deck too.
Once you buy a deck and open it draw a Cho Ku Rei on it to clear off its energies and then touch every card to charge them with your energy. You can shuffle the cards and pull out the cards, which are trying to come out on their own. Those are often messages from your Angels.
3) Other ways:
- Light a candle, it is a way of creating light to ward away the negativity.
- Connect to nature. Mother earth can act as a good connection to the divine. Our clairs open when we are in nature. We hear/see/feel the angel presence more.
- Pray and pray. Angels always hear prayers. Irrespective of whom and what you are they’ll help all of us as we are loving children of God.
To conclude, I would like to say, being a Reiki practitioner, it will be easier to open up to the divine and hence you’ll be able to get divine guidance, trust it and apply it. The most important part is to ask them for help and allow them to help you. Even in the toughest and hardest of times, please ask them for help, and they will be there for you. Angels are beings of light and they love to help you out of your own dark times.
To quote from one of my favourite authors J K Rowling –“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Ashwini Chube is a Motivational Speaker, Life Transformation Trainer, Wellness coach, Spiritual Teacher, Access Consciousnesses Bars Facilitator & Reiki Grandmaster. Ashwini is also a Writer, an avid blogger and is currently working on her 2 upcoming self help and spiritual books.
She has founded the company Unicorn Insight with a vision to create a world where the world runs on consciousness, joy abundance and love instead of fear, lack and scarcity. Ashwini's mission is to empower individuals to know who they truly and authentically are and help them tap in their power. Unicorn Insight has been instrumental in transformations of lives - whether it is through individual one on one coachings, group workshops, corporate trainings or motivational talks.
Ashwini is a former Investment banker and holds an MBA in finance having worked in Corporate world of Banking and Mergers and Acquisitions with Banks like Morgan Stanley and RBS for 8 years in Mumbai and London before she pursued her calling in 2015.
Get in touch with Ashwini through her Website: www.unicorninsight.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her Facebook page is: facebook.com/ashwinichubeofficial