Article by Vimi Karnik
“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.”– Victor Hugo
Music is the food for soul. It soothes the soul and brings balance in life. And why not? Each of the seven notes of music is associated with each of the seven main chakras. The table below represents the association of notes and chakras.
|Chakras||Resonate to the note|
|Third Eye Chakra||“A” and “Bb”|
|Throat Chakra||“G and “G#”|
|Heart Chakra||“F” and “F#”|
|Solar Plexus Chakra||“E” and “Eb”|
|Sacral Chakra||“D” and “C#”|
Music is basically sound. If this sound is in tune, it is music. If not, it is noise. Sound is produced through vibrations. Reiki is energy transfer through vibrations. So Reiki can be explained as sound, which is not heard by many because we are not attuned to that frequency level. As Reiki balances seven chakras, it is in tune with seven notes of music.
For musicians, the tuning with chakras is very intense. A little imbalance in any of these seven chakras directly affects them in the way of their creativity, be it in the form of song writing, music composition, playing any musical instrument or their performance. Sometimes due to some creative blockages, there may be periods of zero or next to nothing inspiration to create music. Stress is not foreign to musicians. Due to this stress musicians may sometimes have creative blockages and may suffer from anxiety and lack of confidence. Reiki can help relieve this stress and remove these blockages.
Here is one of the ways you can heal them and help them to get on with their musical journey.
- Let your client (musician) relax on your Reiki table.
- Balance the seven chakras. This in itself is a powerful antidote as these chakras resonate with seven notes of music.
- Draw CKR symbol with your cone fingers in all the four corners of the room and speak it aloud thrice. Draw CKR on the aura of your client with your cone fingers.
- Next draw SHK symbol on your client’s Crown chakra so that all the emotional blockages are unblocked.
- If your client plays any instrument, use HSZSN to connect the energy flow from the universe to his/ her instrument through your client. So the energy flow is like Universe- Client- Musical Instrument. This will help him/her to connect with his/her instrument and bring out the best result in the form of wonderful music.
- If he/she is a vocalist, give Reiki to his/her Throat Chakra.
- Then let the energy flow from Crown Chakra to Root Chakra. It will manifest the musical proliferation and boost his/ her confidence.
- Continue the session for 30 minutes.
- Draw CKR and end the session after thanking the Universe.
- Repeat the session twice a week.
(If the musician is a Reiki channel he/she can heal himself/herself following the same routine.)
Sometimes just before the performance or recording, even the best musicians may experience one or more of the following.
➢ Throbbing headache
➢ Sudden sore throat
➢ Pain in the shoulder blade
➢ Stomach upset
➢ Hands going cold
There may be other signs also of pre performance jitters.
To quick- fix the situation, visualize CKR, repeat it thrice in your mind. Then visualize SHK and let Reiki flow through the body. It will reach the desired area of the body and heal it. Continue giving Reiki for about 10 minutes or till your intuition guides you. Alternatively, you can give Reiki to the situation and chant the affirmation, “(Name) is rocking the stage with outstanding performance”.
You can also call upon Archangel Sandalphone, the angel of music and prayer, to guide you through your rough patch. Do not forget to thank Archangel Sandalphone in the end.
Then? Raise a toast and celebrate your success singing Do Re Mi!
Vimi could safely say that she didn’t find Reiki, but Reiki found her. Apart from being a teacher in one of the reputed schools in Surat, Gujarat, India, she is a Reiki channel and Angel Card Reader. Vimi is planning to learn more and go deeper into spiritual healing. She likes to travel to different places and is an avid reader.