Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
Learning to love your self is a very important aspect of healing the Heart chakra.
Here is a simple Reiki meditation that can assist you with learning to love yourself. To know more about self-love, please read the introductory article ‘Reiki for Self-Love and Healing the Heart’
This meditation is not a substitute for your daily Reiki practice. It will only support the process of healing the Heart chakra that Reiki facilitates. Spend a couple of minutes before your self-healing routine to do this short meditative process.
1. Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
2. Take a few deep breaths and centre yourself.
3. Draw all the Reiki symbols that you are attuned to in the air. If you are not attuned to symbols yet, just request Reiki to flow and to bless the process.
4. Visualise yourself as a baby in your own arms. If you are not very visual, it may help to have one of your baby/early childhood pictures placed near you. Bring your arms close to your chest and hold them exactly like you would if you had a tiny baby in your arms. Open your eyes and see yourself as this infant. You are likely to feel a surge of love at this point. Let the love flow freely. You may feel emotional or find tears of joy streaming down your face. Allow the process to unfold naturally.
5. As you keep your eyes fixed on the baby’s image, see yourself growing through the years- from early childhood to the later childhood years, right up to adolescence and adulthood. Zip through your life’s experiences and trace the love you lost for yourself along the way. If you feel emotional, it is OK. Give yourself a moment or two to allow the emotions to settle. But take care not to get stuck there. The focus here is on retrieving the love you had for yourself as a baby.
6. At this point, you may feel compassion for yourself. If you do, it is a good sign that the heart is beginning to open up. Allow yourself to feel it fully. But again, take care to see that what you feel is not self-pity masked as compassion. Compassion puts you in a place of power whereas self-pity drags you deeper down. When you view yourself with compassion, you will feel genuine empathy for all that you went through but you will also have the wisdom to release it. However, if you get into self-pity mode, you will look for opportunities to blame others for your pain and this will cause the heart chakra to block even further.
7. Now, retrieve the love that you had for the baby that was you. For this, draw all the Reiki symbols that you’re attuned to on your palms and give yourself a warm Reiki hug. If you are not attuned to symbols yet, just request Reiki to flow while you do these steps. This loving embrace will touch the heart chakra and initiate healing.
8. In the same position, walk up to a mirror, look yourself in the eye, say, “I love you” and smile ☺.
9. If you feel uncomfortable as you do this process, know that a block to self-love has surfaced. Do not resist it. Simple request Reiki to clear it during the self-Reiki session that you will follow up with.
10. Do a fully body Reiki healing.
Learning to love your self can take time. In order to allow time for healing, it would be good to do this practice every day for at least one month. This exercise will only take up five minutes more of your time and it can be conveniently clubbed with your self- healing session. You can also journal about your experience each day so you will know how far you’ve come at the end of one month.
Initiate the process of loving the most important person in your life- YOU!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya on her blog at lightworkersonearth.com, on email at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook at Angel Light.