Article by Vimi Karnik
Have you ever wondered asking Universe for manifesting your intentions by giving Reiki to the objects that you use in your day to day life?
By incorporating Reiki in our day to day life and sometimes for most mundane jobs, we increase the flow of Reiki through us and around us. Infusing Reiki in this manner would certainly make it a part and parcel of our life. We will start making better choice, accepting the gifts which Universe has to offer and be grateful for simply being able to be us.
We can invoke the divine healing power of Reiki in number of ways. One such way is giving Reiki to our table mats and tea coasters and program them with our intentions. Or we can be a little more innovative….We can customize our mats with Reiki symbols drawn over it and then program it.
Making Reiki Place Mats or Coasters
• Take a paper (colored paper, hand-made paper) of the dimension of your choice.
• Decorate it the way you want.
• Draw the power symbol Cho Ku Rei in all its four corners. ( You may use a marker or a paint brush)
• Imagine four quadrants on this paper and draw the master symbol Dai Ko Myo in the middle of this paper.
• Draw CKR symbol in first quadrant, SHK symbol in second quadrant, HSZSN symbol in third quadrant and Aum in fourth quadrant.
• You may use a piece of cloth (cotton, silk….) and may hand paint the symbols or bring in to play your embroidery skills.
• Laminate this paper or cloth with plastic.
(Laminating it will facilitate in cleaning this mat just by mopping it with a wet cloth.)
• Now program this mat with the intention to charge your food. Your Reiki place mat is ready!
CKR symbol in all four corners will boost the power of Reiki and escalate the dynamism of other symbols. It will also serve as an aura shield for our food and beverages.
SHK will help solve any emotional or mental blockages thereby helping our food to be charged with energy that will help in eating disorders, healing addiction, losing weight, improving memory and any other mental or emotional issues.
HSZSN will help transmit energies over a distance. In this case, it will help you let go off your past trauma so that you are ready for the new beginning. It will also channelize the energy given to your food and will aid in radiating positive energy back to Universe.
Aum, apart from being a Karuna® Reiki symbol, is also a very pious symbol in Hinduism which can be used without any attunement, regardless of any religion. Aum encompasses the entire Universe. So by drawing Aum over the mat, you are in fact invoking eternal blessings from Universe in the form of its incessant energy to flow through us.
So what are you waiting for? Pull out your paintbrush or embroidery needle and start making your own Reiki mats.
And yes, here is to ‘Happy and Healthy Eating’!
Vimi could safely say that she didn’t find Reiki, but Reiki found her. Apart from being a teacher in one of the reputed schools in Surat, Gujarat, India, she is a Reiki channel and Angel Card Reader. Vimi is planning to learn more and go deeper into spiritual healing. She likes to travel to different places and is an avid reader.