Article by Darshan.S
Before we move on to Healing in Alpha let me give you a basic understanding of brainwaves.
There are five different frequencies of brainwave:
Alpha – Alpha is the extension in the middle of Beta and Theta. This is a casual state where our brains waves are at 8-13 HZ. In it we are more mindful of our environment. Alpha is compared to extremely casual, fantasizing, separated mindfulness and thoughtful perspectives. This is the ideal state to take advantage of your internal creative abilities. We go through this state while going to and out of rest.
Beta – Beta is the state in which you are dynamic. At whatever point you are considering, talking and conveying, your psyche is in Beta. We spend the greater part of our cognizant existences in this state. Beta waves have a recurrence of 14–28 cycles/second.
Theta – This is the fantasy state where our brains are working at 4-8 HZ. We once in a while enter this state. Normally, the main times we do are when we are sleeping. This is the state in which dreams fill our brains. Theta is a profound condition of unwinding. This is the state utilized as a part of trance and imagining. Mystics, sages, yogis etc reflect for a considerable length of time and hours to achieve this state, as in it they find themselves able to get to total tranquility. Theta brainwaves can be considered as the inner mind; they oversee the part of our mind that is layered between the conscious and the unconscious. They hold memories and sensations.
Delta – This is the profound rest state where our brainwaves are beneath 4 HZ. When we are in this state, we are unconscious however there are claims that it’s conceivable to stay conscious in this state.
Gamma – The Gamma brainwave is the state we are in when we learn and process data. Gamma waves empower the release of Beta endorphins. They give off an impression of being included in higher mental movement, including observation and cognizance. In this express, your brainwaves cycle somewhere around 40 and 5,000 cycles a second.
As healers it is very important to be in an Alpha state of mind and if possible even Theta during healing as it allows us to use a greater part of ourselves, gives access to our higher self, subconscious and to the boundless assets that we have inside ourselves.
Benefits of Alpha State
- Increased instinct
- Expanded stream of Reiki
- Profound relaxation of body and mind
- Enhanced problem solving abilities
- Enhanced mood and stability of emotions
- Super learning and “Virtuoso states”
- Improved immune system
Technique to Help you Get into the Alpha State
- Lie down or sit down comfortably and stare at a point either in front of you or on the ceiling if you are lying down (Reiki practitioners mentally draw any Reiki symbol of your choice and meditate on it) continue to stare at that point for a few seconds and once your eyes feel tired close your eyes.
- Draw distance symbol HSZSN on your Crown and connect with your higher self (non Reiki practitioners skip this step).
- Breathe deeply and slowly. Visualize that with every breath you take in, you take in white light of positive energy and every breath you breathe out, you breathe out black light of unwanted negative energy from your body.
- Let go of all the worries and challenges and just allow yourself to relax completely.
- Now visualize white light entering your body through your toes. As the light enters your body, your toes become heavier and relaxed. With every new breath allow your body to become more and more relaxed giving yourself permission to let go.
- Allow this light to move up to your ankles, calf muscles and thighs. Relaxing your legs completely.
- Allow the light to move up to the hips. Let go of any tension present in the muscles. Enjoy the relaxed and heavy feeling of the muscles.
- Allow the light to move into the torso and up through your back. Your back muscles are completely relaxed. Allow it to move to the shoulders and relax the muscles. Relax your muscles in the stomach and chest. Relax your body completely.
- Move the light to the arms and fingers. Allowing the fingers to become relaxed and heavy.
- Let the light move to the neck muscles and relax the muscles there and then to your head. Relax your tongue, jaws and facial muscles. Enjoy the wonderful feeling of relaxation.
- Allow the light to enter your brain and relax the muscles there. Feel your scalp relaxed completely.
- Draw a big Cho Ku Rei over your entire body and allow yourself to be completely relaxed. Let this feeling of relaxation spread to every muscle, every cell in your body. Enjoy this wonderful feeling of relaxation.
- You are now into Alpha state; you can start with your healing now. You can either do self healing or heal other. This is also the best time to use affirmations and visualization as your subconscious mind is the most receptive at this state.
- Once you are done with the healing count yourself up from 1 to 5. At 5 you’ll be fully awake with all your bodies integrated and aligned feeling really good about yourself. Draw a spiraling Cho Ku Rei over your entire body and seal the healing.
The more you practice getting into Alpha the quicker you will be able to access this state and as you familiarize yourself working at this state you will be able to reach the Theta state in the course of time.
You can also use Music, Meditation and Yoga, Saunas and massages and many other modalities to induce the state of Alpha naturally.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Darshan is a Reiki healer & teacher, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and a Professional Dowser. He owns a Metaphysical Store called “Crystal Alchemy” through which he helps spread awareness about Crystals and other Healing Modalities. You can reach Darshan at www.facebook.com/Crystal.Alchemy.Store, www.facebook.com/TheHealingOcean.