Article by Justine Melton
After learning Reiki I noticed that the Universe was starting to communicate with me in new and amazing ways. One of these ways was by sending owls to me at certain times. Owls can mean many things to different people but to me The Universe was always sending them as a warning that someone or a group of people in my life were being deceitful and trying to camouflage their true intentions.
The owl energy aides in giving you the ability to see through the truth in any situation and is a great protector to those it chooses to partner with. I absolutely love the owl’s energy and have incorporated it into Reiki in many different ways. Reiki and Owl energy together can have dramatically increase your ability to immediately know the truth of any situation no matter what you are being told.
The Owl Represents:
• Eyes that see through the darkness
• Being able to cut through any shadow
• Divine intervention
• Heightened Intuitive Abilities
• Shattered Illusions
• Ability to see what is hidden to most
• Ability to see the true state of someone’s mind
• Breaking of Masks
• Death/Change/Life Transition
To many ancient people Owls symbolized Death. While it is possible that an owl is giving you a sign of someone about to pass away, almost always the Death the Owl represents is just a big change/positive transition in your life. The energy is representing the death of an old state and the transition to a new more positive state. Owls are never to be feared and can be a great partner with Reiki.
Ways to incorporate Owls into Reiki:
- If you notice that you routinely see owls in a certain area try a self-reiki session at that location. Be open to any messages you feel that you receive.
- If doing self-reiki at home put on some soft, relaxing music that incorporates nature sounds with owls. You do not need to spend any money to do this. Simply do an online search for owl sounds or look it up on youtube. This will help you to connect with the owl energy during your Reiki session.
- Set an intention at the beginning of your Reiki session that owl energy comes into your life and aides you with whatever issue you are having. You can ask for it to help you with a specific situation or ask for help in the general sense. Stay open to any messages you receive.
- Meditate with Reiki and the owl energy. If this is the easiest way for you to connect stay tuned because I will be sharing a Reiki Owl Meditation soon. (later edit: here’s the Reiki Owl Meditation)
- Wear jewelry that pictures an owl. Even better infuse the piece with Reiki by making a power or master symbol over it. When Owls first came into my life I was drawn to owl jewelry or anything with owls on it. I had one owl necklace that I loved. It helped me feel safe and protected. One day I got the message that I had transitioned to a different level and no longer needed the owl energy the way I had before. I still wanted to wear my owl necklace often even though I was being guided to put it away or give it to another. I was not yet ready to part with it and one day without any explanation it simply fell off my neck and vanished. I remember putting it on in the morning but never felt it fall off during the day. The necklace had moved on to help another. ☺
Owls can offer so much in helping to breakthrough dark situations. Combined with Reiki they offer a very powerful energy. Welcome them in with open arms and see how they may help you. Sending love and light your way!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life a few years ago and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. Justine believes that love is the greatest healing energy. She has founded a holistic healing association called Amore Holistic Health Group where people can go and choose from a variety of different healing modalities.