Article by Ashwini Chubé
The Heart chakra is also termed as Anahata, which means “that which cannot be destroyed”. It is often symbolized by a lotus, which, when open, can act as a source of divine love and compassion but when closed, droops down and withdraws. That is the reason the chakra is also called Hritpankaja.
The Heart chakra is green in colour and has the element of air. Green itself signifies healing and unconditional love. Love and compassion can heal everything on earth.
The Heart chakra blends the qualities of both spiritual and earthly energies, hence combines the warm yellow tones of the 3 bottom chakras and the cooler blue tones of the top 3 spiritual chakras. It is the centre of the rainbow which is the colour green. A balanced heart chakra can act as a stabilizer to balance all the 7 chakras of the human body.
A closed Heart chakra
The Heart chakra shrinks or gets blocked or closed due to fears associated with love. We all suffer in some way or the other in relationships, either romantic or platonic. The issues could be related to trust or betrayal or loss due to death or separation. The person then considers himself/herself undeserving of love and often associates love with pain. In reality, love is not pain. Absence of love is pain. Absence of trust is betrayal. Love is the most powerful feeling having the highest frequency.
Most people who have suffered heartbreaks, divorces, betrayals consider themselves unworthy of love and are so afraid to love again that they may create walls around their hearts.
Emotional hazards of a closed Heart chakra
We, human beings, create literal walls or armor outside our hearts in the fear of being manipulated, abused or being taken advantage of. In fact when we close our Heart chakra we lose touch with our real self and thus lose the connection with the Divine. Thus we repel or run away from the right relationships and thus stay further closed. All we need is to open our hearts and accept the unconditional love which the Divine has to offer.
Physical health hazards of a closed Heart chakra
The increasing impact of heart disease has been a major concern in the 21st century. A disease which wasn’t in existence a few decades ago has now been rising at an alarming rate. While cardiologists and doctors are best at saying how to tackle this issue, we as Reiki practitioners can help best to try and help.
Ways to unblock Heart chakra:
1. Using Reiki
- Relax your client first and let them know they are extremely safe. Such clients fear any emotions coming out. Convince them that it is safe to emote and they won’t be manipulated.
- You can lay your hands on their Heart chakra or in their Heart chakra aura depending on how comfortable they are.
- Use the master symbol first and then all the 3 symbols.
- Draw the power symbol as many times you want to make the client feel safe and loved. They really need love and Reiki is the best possible love you can offer.
- If you are a Karuna® Reiki practitioner, using Harth symbol will give wonderful results. Clear out the debris relating to anguish and betrayal. Karuna® Reiki symbols literally act as laser beams.
- Imagine the lotus opening to sunlight and love and again add the healing symbol which may act as a water sprinkler refreshing the dropping lotus.
- Finish with a giant power symbol and seal the process.
2. Using Violet Flame
Many aren’t aware of the miracles of violet flame. It is a beautiful healing modality which can mend broken hearts and clear the debris of past lifetimes too. I often feel violet flame acts as a major transmuting medium to transmute all fears in the heart and convert it into energy of pure love.
Seek Archangel Michael’s protection before beginning with the healing. Now ask the masters of violet flame and the angels of violet flame to help you heal your client’s heart chakra. Let it burn and transmute all negativities and convert them into the energy of pure love.
Now fill up your client with energy of love and then shield him/her.
3. Pink Ray Healing
Angelic healing with the help from the Archangels and Ascended Masters. Each archangel has a ray dedicated to him. The pink ray is the divine ray of love and compassion. Archangel Chamuel is the archangel of this ray. Chamuel is the archangel of unconditional love and adoration. The female counterpart of Archangel Chamuel is Charity. The Ascended Master Paul the venetian is the chohan of the pink ray and helps us set healthy boundaries and believe in the power of unconditional love. If our heart needs healing, they guide us through this process.
- Make your client sit in a comfortable position and relax their body, making them focus on their breath. Relax all the muscles.
- Now call upon Archangel Chamuel, Archea Charity and the Ascended Master Paul the venetian to be present and to activate the pink ray.
- Imagine their aura being filled with pink light starting from the crown travelling down till their Root chakra.
- Pay special attention to their Heart chakra and let it be filled with the pink light, let the pink light expand.
- Allow love and compassion to flow from their heart to everyone they know thus making them divine being of love and light.
- Express your gratitude and seek blessings.
4. Other Ways to Open the Heart chakra
If you are not around to send healing/distance healing, you still can help clients advising them with the below:
- Gratitude can create wonders. Maintain a gratitude diary or writing 10 best things that happened today will help open your heart chakra.
- Also inculcate forgiveness in your behaviour. Forgive all those who have hurt you and most important forgive yourself of the decisions or actions which you think you have wrongly made or thought of. When we don’t forgive, we keep grudges in our heart and they rob us of our divine spirit thus blocking Anahata. You are God’s divine child and cannot be doing anything wrong.
- Rose essential oils can help open your heart chakra. If you cannot find or do not have rose oil, simply buying a pink or red rose and smelling it everyday can help open your anahata. Also crystals like rose quartz can help in opening and healing the Heart chakra.
- Spending time with children and pets is a good way to love unconditionally and open your Heart chakra. This is usually very important in a Soul mate and Twin flame relationships especially if you are away from your twin flame or soul mate and you have lot of love to give but he/she is not around.
- Go green: spend time in nature with lot of greenery around. Also you can chose to wear green clothes or paint the walls of your room green. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables, brocolli, peppers, coriander, celery, french beans, okra and fruits like guava, green apple, kiwi or grapes.
Most important surround yourself by cheerful people who love you and bring the best in you. Life is too short to let all the wonderful people go as you are too busy stressed. Love more and keep yourself open to receiving love. Love is the most powerful vibration in the Universe and has no limitations. It accepts each one of us as we are and does not judge. Be the pure love, the crude love which is centre of the Universe and which lies in our heart connecting each of us to the divine source.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Ashwini Chube is a Motivational Speaker, Life Transformation Trainer, Wellness coach, Spiritual Teacher, Access Consciousnesses Bars Facilitator & Reiki Grandmaster. Ashwini is also a Writer, an avid blogger and is currently working on her 2 upcoming self help and spiritual books.
She has founded the company Unicorn Insight with a vision to create a world where the world runs on consciousness, joy abundance and love instead of fear, lack and scarcity. Ashwini's mission is to empower individuals to know who they truly and authentically are and help them tap in their power. Unicorn Insight has been instrumental in transformations of lives - whether it is through individual one on one coachings, group workshops, corporate trainings or motivational talks.
Ashwini is a former Investment banker and holds an MBA in finance having worked in Corporate world of Banking and Mergers and Acquisitions with Banks like Morgan Stanley and RBS for 8 years in Mumbai and London before she pursued her calling in 2015.
Get in touch with Ashwini through her Website: www.unicorninsight.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her Facebook page is: facebook.com/ashwinichubeofficial