Article by Rinku Patel
Full moon is about letting go and releasing what doesn’t serve. This is the time to let go of anger, blockages, negativities, karmic issues e.t.c.
New Moon is about bringing new things in your life. It manifests your desires about new starts or ventures.
We perform Full Moon Rituals as well as New Moon Rituals, but there are some rituals that can be performed on either full moon or new moon. As we let go of old, we make space for new.
Below is a ritual that can be performed on full moon as well as on new moon.
Full Moon and Pennies (any currency coin is also fine)
This ritual is about letting go of old and stagnant energies AND manifesting new wishes.
For this ritual you need to be somewhere in the open or in your balcony or patio.
- Like most rituals, start by grounding yourself using whatever method you know. In case you don’t know any grounding technique, click here.
- Take a penny or a coin of your currency and let it absorb the moon’s energy by placing it under moon light (regardless of the phase of moon) for about half an hour. Connect coin to moon energy using the distance symbol.
- After half an hour, hold the coin between your palms and declare what you want to release and what new you want to bring in. Give Reiki to the coin and imagine your desired outcome. Say your wish aloud to moon holding your coin.
- Throw the penny towards the moon and say,
“All my worries and wishes
I release to you, Oh dear moon
Fill them with love and light
For the highest good of everyone involved”.
- Do not try to look where your coin fell or landed. Just let it be. Thank moon and Reiki.
Be sure that your old stagnant energies shall be released and new wishes shall be manifested.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF: