Article by Justine Melton
Reiki offers healing in such a special and unique way. It helps you heal physically, emotionally and mentally. Each one is important and you may notice these parts healing one at a time, in a pair, or all together. If you are having negative thoughts it is impossible to heal. The mind is an amazing system and study after study shows that it can affect every part of your body.
One of the fastest ways to see results with Reiki is to allow it to come in and help change your thought process. This is not something that happens overnight and requires patience, encouragement and not being to hard on yourself. Give yourself 3 month’s time to work on your thoughts and allow yourself to see that changing your thoughts can truly change your life.
How to Re-Train Your Mind with Reiki:
1. Spend some time thinking about a new positive daily and/or weekly routine for yourself. This routine should be one in which you are working out, having time to yourself, seeing friends, dancing, doing Reiki, volunteering, etc. Basically write a weekly schedule that has you doing what makes you happy! Experiment for a bit and see what works for you and what doesn’t.
2. Start to notice common thoughts that you have. Are they negative or positive? Write them down. It is great to have a list of negative thought patterns so that you can work on them and later see how far you have come.
3. Next to each negative thought that you have written down write a positive affirmation that you can replace in its space.
4. When you have the negative thought visualize the thought in front of you like you are looking at it on a tv screen in front of you. Make one large power and/or emotional healing symbol over it.
5. Put all of this into action. Whenever you notice yourself having a negative thought immediately send it to an imaginary trash can and put the healthy affirmation in its place. At first you may feel ridiculous doing this. Give it a few months. Over time you will notice the unhealthy thoughts going away and the positive ones starting to automatically replace them on their own.
Changing can be hard and it is important to remember that it does not happen overnight. Do not get discouraged. Healing is a process even with Reiki. If you practice this routine you will see results over a few month’s time. Below you will find some examples of common negative thought patterns and alternative thought patterns you can use instead.
Common negative thoughts with matching positive affirmations:
- Negative: I’m ugly
Positive: I am beautiful and feel more so every day.
- Negative: I’m not good enough.
Positive: I am a wondrous gift to this earth and am worthy of all that is good.
- Negative: No man/woman is going to like me.
Positive: Men/Women can’t stay away from me. I am attractive to men/woman and have found the perfect partner for me.
- Negative: I’m fat.
Positive: I’m beautiful on the inside and out. I love every inch of myself and am taking care of myself every day.
Wishing you all love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.