Article by Justine Melton
I love to do meditative work with Reiki outside in nature. It is easiest for me to feel at one with the Universe there and I feel that I am more open to receiving messages this way as well. Recently I read Sonia Choquette’s book, “Walking Home”. In the book she writes about going on a pilgrimage from humbled to healed. She hikes the famous Camino de Santiago in Europe and (without giving too much away in case you plan to read it) she gains a new perspective on everything in her life in the process.
Although we are not all able to do such a long walk as Sonia Choquette there are other smaller but still important things we can do to help bring about our own discoveries to help ourselves heal. The following is a routine that I recommend with Reiki that was inspired by Choquette’s book.
Meditation Routine For Perspective With Reiki:
- Plan a hike for yourself and go on it. ☺ It can be anywhere from 1 mile to a two day affair.
- Half way through your hike (and again at the end if you desire) take a 30 min break. During this time sit in a relaxing space where you will be out of the way of other hikers. Be sure to be safe.
- Make one large power and master symbol over the front of your body. Ask that Reiki help bring a new perspective to anything that is not working in your life.
- Allow yourself to sit in this space for at least ten minutes and notice what comes up before you.
- For each thing that is brought to your awareness make one power and one distance symbol in front of it. The emotional healing symbol is another great sign to use here. Use whatever you feel called to use and beam Reiki to each one for 5-10 minutes.
- Give thanks and be open to the new perspective.
Wishing you all love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.