Article by Justine Melton
In my holistic healing practice I love combining Reiki with different healing therapies. One of my favorites is using color therapy. I believe that colors have different healing abilities that can add an extra special touch to your Reiki session.
One color that I just recently started adding into my practice is the color yellow. I had an aversion to it for years. As a child my dad had told me yellow was bad luck and it was something that stuck with me for quite some time until that thought was finally healed. I avoided this color as a result and have just started this year tapping into what all it has to offer.
What the color Yellow Represents:
- Ray of light
- Arouses Cheerfulness
- Generates Muscle Activity
- Stimulates the Brain
- Warm Radiant Energy
- Offering hope
- Original Thought
- New Ideas
Easy Way to Use the Color Yellow in a Reiki Session:
- Start your typical Reiki Session.
- Guide your client (or do on yourself during self-reiki) to envision a large ball of yellow light around them. It is encircling them like a big warm healing bubble of light.
- In a soft, slow and peaceful meditative voice state each thing that yellow represents and allow it to be present in the yellow bubble with you.
- End the session in your typical preferred style.
This short and easy method can be done with any color. Simply look up the color online and see what the color may mean to you.
Wishing you all love and light.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.