Article by Justine Melton
Relationships should help you, not hurt you. While most people can agree that this universal saying is true it can still be hard to let go of something that is no longer working for you. A question that I always ask a friend or client is, “Is this relationship for your greatest good, or are you just comfortable?” Usually they will immediately know the answer no matter how painful it is.
With clients I often times use a mix of intuitive counseling and Reiki to bring about the best healing path as possible for each person. Here is what I do for anyone that who is having a problem letting go of a bad relationship. It seems to help ease the mind and helps allow one to make the transition away from the unhealthy relationship.
Easy Method To Help You Transition Away From An Unhealthy Relationship:
- Do not focus on how unhappy you are or on the partner that you feel has ruined your relationship. Instead, focus on the kind of relationship you would like to be in with your perfect partner.
- Notice how you feel in this new space/relationship. Are you relaxed, happy, or indifferent? Are you fearful or at ease? How does your body feel? What types of activities are you doing? Are you the leader, the follower, or are you and your partner equal in all ways? How is your sexual relationship? Are you playful? Are you satisfied? Do you feel appreciated and valued? Is it important for you to make your partner feel good as well? Let yourself acknowledge and feel all of these feelings.
- Make a power symbol, a distance symbol, and an emotional healing symbol over this visualization. If you are a Reiki Master just make the Master symbol.
- Beam light (Reiki) to your perfect relationship for ten minutes. Make sure you feel as if you already have this prefect relationship while you are beaming Reiki to it.
- Make the grounding symbol.
- Give thanks.
- Write down your thoughts and experiences in a journal.
Do this exercise 3-5x a week for 3 weeks. Notice if your current relationship becomes better or if you become more empowered to exit for your highest good. Whose face is it that you see when you are envisioning your perfect partner/relationship? Is it your current partner?
Wishing you all love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/SoulRenew