Article by Justine Melton
Reiki has amazing healing abilities with bringing self-love into your life. This was something that I struggled with myself for years and it wasn’t until I had the help of Reiki that I was able to successfully turn this around. Reiki allowed me to truly learn to love myself. I went from a place of doing everything for everyone else to one of realizing that my needs were just as important as others. I also went from looking in the mirror and not being happy with what I’d see to a place of looking at the same face and thinking , “wow, I’m truly beautiful on the inside and out.”
The number one thing that I tell people that come to me for advice is to try Reiki and experience the healing power of love at the same time. I recommend Rose Quartz to the majority of my clients and I tap into the healing power of love to work along with Reiki in many of my meditations and Reiki sessions. Creating self-love is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Once you have added it to your life it will help you change anything else you feel needs to be balanced as well. After all the healthier you are and the more full of love you are the more you can help others.
Basic exercise to work on self-love with Reiki:
- Sit in a comfortable, relaxing space similar to one where you would do a meditation. If nature or relaxing music helps your body to relax than put some on before the start of the session.
- Lay down on the ground and allow yourself to just slowly breathe for a few minutes.
- At this time make one large power or master symbol and then make an emotional healing symbol as well.
- Lay in this space and allow yourself to relax. Visualize that an angel or pure healer from another realm is standing in front of you dressed in flowing, radiant, white clothing. They hold a crystal clear glass pitcher filled with loving pink light. They have come with this pitcher to help you heal and bring self-love into your life. They stand over you with the pitcher and gently pour the pink light over you. It feels like refreshing water nourishing every ounce of your being that it touches. Notice how your body feels as the light pours over you from your head to your toes. Let yourself be cleansed and healed by this light for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the angel/healer leaves your side.
- At this time picture something about yourself that you don’t like. Visualize that this issue comes out of the core of your body and hovers directly above you. Visualize that a pink ball of light encircles this issue and covers it in love. Make a an emotional healing symbol over this bubble and let it stay there for about 2 minutes. Beam Reiki to it with your eyes or hands as you continue to stay in your meditative space. The light becomes so strong that it bursts this issue into a thousand pieces. It is no longer in your life. It has moved on and so have you.
- Allow any negative thoughts about yourself to come up to the surface and do this same exercise for each one. If there are too many issues for you to do in one session simply do a few sessions throughout the week until you have covered everything that has come up. Once done with your session make one large power or master symbol over yourself.
- Thank Reiki and the healing power of Love for the healing they brought you. You are now on your journey to a beautiful place full of self-love.
Wishing you all love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life a few years ago and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. Justine believes that love is the greatest healing energy. She has founded a holistic healing association called Amore Holistic Health Group where people can go and choose from a variety of different healing modalities.