Article by Justine Melton
Change is something that comes marching in when Reiki enters your life. The more you allow change to occur and are accepting of it the easier it is. Change comes best when you jump into the flow of the changing events and flow with it rather than swimming up the current fighting everything that is a change for your greatest good. One of the most common changes that comes with Reiki is the change in your vibrational level in the Universe. Usually after each Reiki attunement you will move up to a different vibration but it can also happen at any time.
When you manifest one of the most important steps is to allow yourself to feel as if you already have what it is you desire. This is actually you feeling the vibrational level of what it is that you are seeking. You have to send out the vibration to get the vibration.
Being at a higher vibrational level means that you are operating at a more positive level and are radiating that positivity and goodness to the universe as well. Good things flow to you more freely and it is harder to upset you. Some people term moving up a vibration as moving closer to enlightenment.
One interesting thing that I have read over and over and have experienced first hand is that right before or after moving up a vibrational level you may feel like you are craving protein. It is believed that this occurs because your body needs the extra energy to make the jump to a new level. You may also notice that you suddenly need more sleep out of nowhere or that you are wanting to shed material possessions or things from different areas of your life that no longer suit you. If you happen to feel any of these know that it is quite common and that you are not alone. They are normal steps in a pretty incredible process.
Once you are at a new higher vibration you need to continue to live in a healthy manner in order to stay at the new higher state. Of course moderation in all things is important but overall it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to aide you in your quest up the vibrational ladder.
Ways to move to or stay at a higher vibration:
- Reiki treatments (from others and/or daily self-reiki)
- Saying no to anything that doesn’t work for you
- Letting what doesn’t work in all areas of your life naturally fall away
- Surround yourself in positivity
- Eat a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables and if you are a meat eater take note of how the animals were treated before and after they were killed. This can actually have quite an effect on the vibrational level of the meat you are eating. Also, chicken and fish have a higher vibrational level than red meat. A good rule is that if it has a hoof it is a lower vibration for you to consume.
- Listen to up lifting music
- Dance around your house… let loose
- Do any healthy activities that bring a smile to your face
- Let the sunlight hit your skin
- Keep a journal noting how different things AND people make you feel
- If you need to say something say it. Do not keep feelings bottled in. If you are not comfortable telling someone something write it down on a piece of paper and wait a few days. The sooner you get it out the better.
- Salt baths
- Keep high vibrational stones/crystals around you such as tanzanite and quartz.
This is a general list for everyone but what I recommend most is to keep a journal for a week or 2 and write down any little thing that you notice that makes you feel happy or sad. If it does not make you happy it needs to go! This will have amazing effects on every area of your life and will aide Reiki in bringing the highest good into your life.
Wishing you all love and light.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.