Article by Luzia Light
1. Being at Peace with Money
Many healing practitioners have a love-hate relationship with money. It’s like they know they need it to buy food and pay the bills, but on a deeper level, they also believe that it’s not spiritual and “good” to have a lot of money. Maybe scraping by is okay for a spiritual person, but having a financially comfortable life is already too much. Often energy healers feel guilty for charging money for their services, because they are working with divine energy, and shouldn’t that be free to everyone? Of course, divine energy is free, but when a healer spends one or two hours of her or his time to channel that energy and enable someone else to heal him or herself, then that is time they can’t spend working at another job, earning a regular income. They don’t get paid for the energy, they get paid for their time, skills, education and experience, which make the healing possible.
If you don’t get paid for your services, you will have to take on another job to make ends meet and then you can spend less time doing healing work. And you can’t help others on an empty stomach or while you have no home because you couldn’t pay the rent. So, money is a tool that we receive in exchange for our services. When we love ourselves enough, we realize we deserve to get paid well, we know we deserve to have money to pay for all our needs, because what we do has a lot of value. Also, we need to consider that helping others to heal themselves saves them a lot of money because they can go back to work and they may not need to buy medication or pay for other medical expenses. Healing with Reiki has an immeasurable value and we need to be open and receptive to accept money in exchange for it.
2. Free Reiki Healing
If we provide healing for free, it is often not accepted. This addresses the guilt feelings of the client. They might believe that they don’t deserve to receive something as wonderful and life-changing as Reiki energy for free. So, they close themselves off energetically. When clients pay money, they give their energy – money they received for their work – and then are open to receive something in return. Money is a wonderful way of keeping this flow of energy going. If you do choose to provide Reiki sessions for free, make sure that you don’t do it out of guilt or obligation, which is usually followed by a sense of resentment and self-loathing. Instead give from your heart and act from a place of love and abundance. If you attract a lot of clients with financial difficulties, ask yourself if this is maybe something you attract because you need to address these issues in your own life first. Always ask your Higher Self/Higher Consciousness what the best possible way is to help your client.
Another way to activate the flow of energy of giving Reiki and receiving something in return is bartering, receiving energy in the form of another service provided by the client. However, practitioners need to be very aware and discerning about this kind of exchange. A client might offer something that the practitioner doesn’t really want or need, and although it might have equal or even more value, if you don’t really need it, it doesn’t have any value for you. If you are struggling financially and know that you need to pay your electricity bill, then receiving foot reflexology in return for your Reiki session is not really helpful at all . It’s important to set boundaries and be clear about what you are willing to accept when it comes to bartering. Money really is the simplest form of energy exchange because it can be traded in for exactly what you need. It’s kind of a brilliant system that way, really.
4. Healing your Fears and Limiting Beliefs about Money
The best way to clear your mind and subconscious of your limiting beliefs around money, including possible poverty vows you may have taken in a past life as a monk or nun, is to Reiki yourself.
- Know that the Universe provides you with everything you need, including money to pay your electricity bill.
- Let go of the resistance and allow divine Reiki energy to permeate your body and your entire life. When we live without fear and ego-based resistance to abundance and well-being, we live in an energy of love and light and everything just seems to effortlessly fall into place.
- Reiki your bank card, credit card, bank statements, your wallet, your check book, your piggy bank, anything that involves your finances. Sending Reiki energy to all these places, eliminates the energies of worry and fear and replaces them with love, light and well-being, thus enabling you to feel at peace with your financial life.
- When you Reiki yourself, ask your Higher Self or the Universe or your healing guides for divine guidance: “Where are my blocks to abundance? Which area of my body do I need to send Reiki energy to?” Then follow your inner guidance and Reiki that area until you feel it’s accomplished and done. Maybe there is a secondary area you need to address. Keep asking to be guided to where Reiki needs to be applied. Common areas that are affected by blocked and limiting money flow are the root chakra, which is responsible for survival and having your physical needs met, as well as the heart chakra, where we receive love and abundance in its many forms.
When we let abundance come into our energy fields and lives, we experience health and well-being, joy, fun, great relationships and are overflowing with positive energy. And from this place of inner strength and power, we are able to provide the best service possible and have plenty of time and energy to provide Reiki healing for our clients.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF: