Article by Justine Melton
Hi Friends. As many of you know one of the things that I really love pairing with Reiki healing are guided meditations. They bring so much relaxation and peace to myself, fellow practitioners that I work with, and clients. Normally I like to do meditations outside. However, the other day it was extremely windy outside and I just could not get into the zone. Nothing I tried was working. I couldn’t get into a relaxed state no matter what I tried. Not even with music, breath work or my favorite meditations I have shared with you all before. I was agitated and didn’t know why. I came inside my house and sat and wondered what was going on. I’m a teacher, a practitioner and write guided meditations. I had better figure it out fast! I sat completely frustrated listening to the wind howl outside and carrying all kinds of things away. Then it came to me that this was exactly the kind of meditation that I needed that day. I needed to stop resisting some changes and allow all of my worries and frustrations to be carried away by the wind. I did the following routine with Reiki and felt so relieved and relaxed after words. I hope that some of you may find benefit with it as well.
Guided Meditation: Reiki Blowing Away Your Troubles
If you are lucky enough to try this on a windy day just go and sit or lay outside. If however you are not then simply put some wind background noise on with youtube and/or turn a fan on. Hearing the moving air and feeling it on your body will help bring you more dramatic results.
1. After you have prepared the space for your meditation with wind make the power or master symbol over every side of the space you are in. This includes the floor and/or ceiling and sky.
2. Make the power or master symbol over yourself.
3. Sit or lay in your space and concentrate on your breathing for the 2 minutes. Make sure you are taking long, slow breaths or whatever helps relax you most.
4. Notice the sound and feeling of the wind. It is carrying away anything negative from the space you are in. It is only leaving positivity and love behind. It wants to help rid you of any burdens or troubles that you are presently having. Acknowledge whatever troubling thoughts that appear, thank them for their presence and whatever lesson they may be teaching you and then allow the wind to forever take them away. Let these issues come up one after one and then allow the wind to carry them away each time until they are all gone.
5. Sit in this relaxing space for 5-10 minutes. Give thanks.
I recommend keeping a journal of what you experienced with each meditation. You may find that some work better for you than others. If you are a practitioner you may want to note which ones seem to be more popular with your clients and help the most people to heal. Combining Reiki with other forms of healing can be both rewarding and fun!
Wishing you all love and light.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.