Article by Taryn Walker
Anchoring New Intentions
Reiki is a wonderful supportive tool for anchoring new intentions. At the end of a year the collective desire to make positive changes is really strong so it’s a good time to set intentions for what you want to call in to reality from now on. It’s also the perfect opportunity to say goodbye to some of those things that aren’t working so well for us. Out with the old and in with the new.
Instead of thinking up all kinds of goals that you’ll probably never reach, I suggest creating intentions based on how you’d like to feel. How you feel inside will inform whatever you choose to do. Setting the intention to really love your body by listening to what it needs is going to bring greater results than telling yourself to lose weight. Deciding to become a better listener will open new doors and bring you much greater peace than setting a goal to abandon unharmonious relationships.
Keeping your intentions as thoughts is usually not enough. Writing them down is the first step to making them concrete. Creating a ritual is the next step and it’s a powerful one. A ritual tells the more primitive part of your brain that you really mean it. Here’s where Reiki can be very beneficial. Before starting a ritual, give yourself a full Reiki session with the intention of clearing out old energy to make space for the new ways you wish to be in the world.
Here’s a step by step guide to a ritual with Reiki that you could use for creating intentions for the new year or any time really.
- Create the right setting. An altar is useful. Light candles, burn incense or oils, play relaxing music etc.
- Connect with universal energy and ask for Grace to accompany your intentions while offering the effects of the ritual to this divine source.
- Write down one or more of the things you’d like to let go of.
- Write down your new intentions and goals on a separate piece of paper.
- Give yourself Reiki or book a distant Reiki session if you can’t.
- Give yourself permission to let go of what needs to go and then burn the paper bearing those things (you’ll need a cup of water close-by for this).
- As the paper burns allow the things you’re letting go to burn away too.
- Now read your new intentions and goals out loud and visualise each of them with enthusiasm.
- If you have Reiki II, use the distance symbol to send Reiki to these intentions for the best possible outcome.
- Now completely let it go and allow yourself to be filled with gratitude for receiving what you’ve asked for in the future.
- If you have an altar, leave the written intentions there. Nourish your intentions by keeping your altar fresh with flowers, burning incense, candles, crystals, fruit offerings etc.
- Daily repetition of your intentions really helps to anchor them in your subconscious mind, but make sure not to be attached to the outcome. Letting it go each time shows that you believe that what you’ve intended is possible and happening already.
- Now that you have a whole lot of support from the universe, begin making the changes necessary to fulfil your goals!
There is always an opportunity to start fresh. New moons, solstices, special star alignments and actually every sunrise and sunset are all doorways to begin anew. Life is constantly guiding us to renew and transform, to shed old skin and emerge newly born. We are blessed to have so much magical support available from so many sources all around us.
Why not share some of your new year intentions in the comments below? There’s something about sharing that makes you really think about what you’re saying and about what’s realistically possible.
Taryn Walker is a traveling Reiki Master Teacher who wishes to inspire people to realise that they are miraculous! She believes that Reiki can reveal our natural ability to heal ourselves and this empowers us to take responsibility for our lives. She works a lot with distant Reiki and loves the way it allows people to experience the illusion of separation. Taryn is grateful for being able to connect with her Reiki clients even while traveling. She usually lives on a little island in Thailand, where she practices and teaches Reiki, but finds ‘home’ wherever she is. Taryn enjoys yoga, nature, creating art, cooking and finding magic in “ordinary” places. Follow her here: http://reiki-alchemy.com/, http://www.facebook.com/alchemyhealing, and http://bit.ly/reikialchemyoutube.