Article by Justine Melton
Reiki & Crossing Over – An amazing gift in the final season of life
Hi Friends. I am so happy to share with you the 3rd part of the Reiki and Crossing Over series of articles. Today I will discuss Bereavement and how Reiki can offer tremendous healing and support during this emotionally charged time.
Bereavement is a period of mourning after a significant loss of some kind. Often it is what takes place after the death of a loved one. During this time a person can go through an intense grieving process.
There are typically 5 main stage of grief.
It is completely normal for a person to go through these in a different order or rotate back and forth between different stages. Not everyone goes neatly from stage 1 to stage 5. Reiki is a great help at this time because it is able to help relax the mind, the body and help the person work through their emotions in a way that best fits them. Reiki is an all knowing energy so it already knows what to do. As the practitioner you are just there as a channel for it to reach the client. It is very easy to feel bad for a client going through bereavement. Know that you do not need to rack your brain trying to figure out the best way to treat them. Reiki already knows the best way! All you have to do is be present as a peaceful channel. You are offering an amazingly precious service in this way alone!
Although Reiki cannot replace what it is the client lost it can provide great relief in helping the client to heal and come to terms with what has happened. I believe that a guided meditation for a client at this time can be extremely helpful and give them an extra way to sort through all that has gone on. Here is a basic guided meditation method with Reiki for a client going through bereavement.
Bereavement Guided Meditation Method:
- Make all of the Reiki symbols you are attuned to over the client.
- Begin Meditation: Imagine you are sitting on the ground in the middle of a large, green luscious field. Birds are singing. There is a gentle breeze. You are safe, secure, and comfortable. It is twilight. You notice a ball of radiant white light in front of you. This ball of white light is a loving energy. You notice it growing larger and larger until it bursts into a million pieces in front of you. At this time thousands of beautiful bright yellow stars appear all around you. They are bright, divine, and loving. They have a special warmth and calming presence to them. They are here to help soothe and comfort you. You notice a friendly being walking through the stars to you. They are radiant. They are friendly. This being sits down next to you. They have a special message they would like to share with you. They gently hold your hand and begin to speak.
- At this point have the client meditate in this space for 5-10min.
- Continue Meditation: You thank this being for the special message they have given you. You allow the soothing yellow light from the stars to wash over you.
- Have the client meditate in this space for about 2 min. At this time do the grounding symbol over them and then end the meditation.
Wishing you love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life a few years ago and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. Justine believes that love is the greatest healing energy. She has founded a holistic healing association called Amore Holistic Health Group where people can go and choose from a variety of different healing modalities.