Article by Justine Melton
Reiki & Crossing Over: An amazing gift in the final season of life
Hi Friends. I am so excited to be sharing with you how Reiki can be easily incorporated into helping a person through their final season of life. There are so many different beautiful traditions with how death is treated in different religions and throughout the world. I practice Reiki in the Southern California area of the United States. Even in just this one small area of the world there are thousands of different ideas and “truths” as to what happens when a person crosses over. It is my hope that you will find something in this three part article of benefit to you that you can then incorporate into your own Reiki practice.
Using Reiki in a hospice setting can bring an amazing gift into the final season of life. Here in the United States a hospice room can be either in a hospital or at a person’s own home. For the use of Reiki the location makes no difference and can be done distantly. However, I feel drawn to do it in person because in my experience the presence of a Reiki Practitioner can bring a great deal of extra support to the hospice environment. Depending on the situation there can be very charged emotions in the hospice environment. A Reiki Practitioner can offer a huge amount of support, a peaceful shoulder to let emotions flow through, as well as a white light to everyone involved in the process of letting go.
It is possible and a normal reality to suddenly pick up new clients at this time. Do not feel guilty about this. It is not unusual for people to be drawn to your presence in the Hospice environment. If you are uncomfortable accepting money from family members and friends that may suddenly come up to you seeking Reiki before and after the passing of their loved one then, think about doing a fair trade with that person for some other good or service. Another idea is just agreeing to volunteer your time at that moment with the understanding that a more fair trade can be figured out at a later date. At the very least good karma being on your side goes a long way!
Before any Reiki takes place on the client who is preparing to cross over I believe that it is vital to first cleanse the room they are in. There are so many energies that come into the space from all of the people that come and go at this time. Unfortunately not all of these energies are loving and supportive. A lot of them can be fear based and are dark. This is especially true if you are in a hospital setting. If you are giving Reiki to a client in a hospital be sure to cleanse the room they are in EVERY time you arrive for a session. I cannot stress enough how important this is. The benefits the client receives will be far greater if you take the time to do this extra step than, if there were lower energies present in the room. If you are giving Reiki to a client at their home than just one main cleanse of their room every two weeks is needed (unless of course you feel called to do otherwise).
A basic way you can do this cleanse is as follows:
- First, place the Master Healing Symbol on every wall, window, door, closet, ceiling, floor and the client’s bed. If you are not attuned to the master level it is ok. Use whatever symbols you are attuned to at this time.
- Next, I like to call in the help of Archangel Raphael and Archangel Michael. I ask that Archangel Raphael provide comfort for the client and any healing that is possible. I ask that Archangel Michael keep guard over the client’s room and alleviate any fears over the process of crossing over that the client is going through.
- I then visualize a big ball of white light in the center of the room full of positive, cleansing energy. This ball of light grows until finally it is so big that it just bursts and anything that is a form of negative energy immediately disappears from the room. Only goodness, love and positivity remains in the client’s room.
- At this point ground yourself by using the grounding symbol and then visualize a bubble of white light going around you protecting you from any harm or energy that may come your way.
- Visualize another protective bubble around your client. You are now ready to begin a Reiki Session with them.
Please stay tuned for part 2 of this series of articles in which I will share how to use Reiki to help your client through the process of crossing over. Wishing you love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/SoulRenew