Do you wish you could sleep like a baby?
On a scale of one to ten, with ten being excellent, how would you rate the quality of your own sleep?
Personally, I do not subscribe to the standard 8-hour sleep requirement theory. In my observation, adults have varied sleep requirements. Some need a solid eight to nine hours while others do perfectly fine with five to six hours. I feel what matters more is the quality of sleep that we have. Waking up feeling well rested and ready to take on another day is what counts. Trust your body’s signals with respect to the number of hours of sleep it needs and then add quality to those hours.
Reiki being a very soothing energy can help those of us with sleeping troubles. It can also help those of us who would benefit from a better quality of sleep. However, Reiki cannot work its magic unless we commit to our own care first. We would need to make certain lifestyle changes first and then the power of Reiki can help us get the blissful sleep we so need!
Here are a few tips that may be of help as you gear up for a good night’s sleep:
- Eat dinner at least three hours prior to bedtime. Keep it light and nutritious. A heavy dinner eaten late strains the body, thereby hindering the quality of sleep.
- Bless your food with Reiki while cooking or at least before eating.
- Avoid watching television for at least a couple of hours before bedtime. If possible, eliminate watching television from your evening’s schedule. Television stimulates the mind and an overly stimulated mind finds it hard to settle into sleep. If you are a sensitive person, you also end up absorbing all the negativity projected by the media, which makes it even harder for the body to relax.
- Milk lovers can drink a glass of warm milk before settling in for the night. Milk promotes restful sleep. Remember to bless your milk with Reiki before drinking it.
- Get into bed at approximately the same time every night. This helps prepare the body and mind for sleep.
- Once you are in bed, all you need to do is a Reiki self healing treatment. You will begin to relax and drift into sleep. Take care not to make this your regular self healing schedule as falling asleep everyday during self healing will leave your healing sessions incomplete. This must be an added bonus to your regular self healing regimen and not a substitute for it.
If you do not wish to do a self healing again, here are some additional ways that you can fall asleep with Reiki.
- As you lie in bed, visualise a blanket of Reiki enveloping you slowly. Start from your feet and go all the way to the top of the head. As the blanket covers your feet, feel the tension in your feet melting away and becoming relaxed. Similarly, feel every part of the body relaxing as the blanket covers you. In all likelihood, you will be asleep even before you are halfway through. That is how relaxing this technique is!
- Visualise yourself in a bubble of Reiki energy. This serves as a cocoon. Feel the warmth inside and allow yourself to bask in this energy. In time, your body will relax and you will fall into deep sleep.
Experiment with both the techniques and choose whatever works for you. Enjoy a blissful night’s sleep with the love of Reiki enveloping you!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at email@example.com and Angel Light on Facebook.