Feelings of insecurity, competition and envy are extremely common. As humans, all of us experience these emotions at some point in our lives. The first step towards healing any emotion is acknowledging that it exists.
Given the fact that we live in a fiercely competitive world and are pushed to be the best right from childhood, is it any wonder that many of us harbour feelings of insecurity when someone else succeeds? Children are told that they must be better than everyone else in order to succeed. They are also taught to keep their knowledge and skills to themselves to ensure that no one becomes better than them. Very few children are taught that they must be the best in their own capacity.
A question that I have always asked is – Can Reiki Masters and other spiritually minded people also feel insecure, envious and competitive?
In the past, a part of me assumed that Reiki Masters and other spiritual healers are free from emotions such as envy and insecurity. Or even if they felt it at times (Reiki Masters are human after all), they would know how to heal these feelings. In making this assumption, I denied the dark side of human nature.
The Universe recently taught me through an experience that these dark sides are present in everyone, spiritual or otherwise!
A Reiki Master was upset with me and falsely accused me of copying her work. My initial reaction was that of sadness because the last place where I expected to encounter insecurity was in a healing profession. My own Reiki teacher taught me that the world needs more healers, rather than competition among existing ones.
As I contemplated on the issue and asked my angels for guidance, I realised that there is no way one can change how another person feels. Arguments and judgements only aggravate the situation and give the ego a stronger foothold to make its presence felt. The best course of action to take when you are falsely accused is to let it go. People lash out at us not because of who we are but because they have something in them that needs healing. Letting go is no doubt difficult because all of us feel pained when we are falsely accused. But by letting it go, you do yourself a huge favour. You refuse to take on pain that does not belong to you.
The next step is to send love to the person who is up against you. Even if you can’t express your love verbally, you can do so at the soul level. Just feeling love and compassion for the other person in your heart is more than enough. If you can do this, your spiritual growth will accelerate by leaps and bounds.
Such an experience also makes you aware of similar shadow energies that may be present in your own field. Another person is instrumental in bringing it up by mirroring what you feel yourself. This in turn gives you an opportunity to heal it.
If you ever feel threatened by other Reiki Masters and Practitioners, these pointers will help:
- First of all, acknowledge that you are human. Reiki energy may be all loving, but all of us who practise Reiki are currently in human form. And when we are human, we are bound to have some ego. It is very rare to find an individual who is completely beyond the influence of the ego. Feelings of insecurity, envy and competition stem from the ego and not from your soul. This is nothing to feel ashamed about.
- Acknowledge the fear, envy, insecurity or whatever it is that you feel towards other healers. Ask yourself why you feel threatened by another healer? As you introspect, you may find that you feel that you are not good enough or you fear a lack of abundance in your life. This means you feel that there isn’t enough to go around in the world and the only way to survive is to make sure that you are the best at what you do. Acknowledge such feelings by writing them down honestly.
- Let go of these fears and emotions by burning or burying the piece of paper on which you wrote about them. This act will release your pain to the Universe .Ask your guides to help you release these emotional toxins from your energy field.
- Realise that healing is a way of life. Every healer has something unique to offer. There may be areas that are common to you and other healers. Many people club Reiki with other alternate healing modalities and achieve excellent results. Suppose you get to know that another healer works in a similar fashion as you, do not feel intimidated that your power no longer belongs exclusively to you.
- Finally, work with positive affirmations. Word your affirmations based on the fears that you carried. For example, if you had the fear of not being good enough when compared to another practitioner, you can affirm that you are perfect exactly as you are for your life’s purpose.
The following section contains examples of statements and affirmations. Feel free to reword them to make them resonate with your feelings.
Emotional Release Statements
- I now release my fear of not being good enough.
- I now release my fear of a lack of abundance.
- I now release the insecurity (or envy) I feel when another succeeds.
- I now release my need to compete and make myself the best.
- The Universe is abundant. I receive all that I need and more from the Universe.
- I am perfect exactly as I am. I am unique.
- I spread joy in the world by inviting abundance and success into my life and also allow others to experience abundance and success in their lives.
- I feel secure being who I am and allow others to be who they are.
Reiki and all other forms of healing are gifts that are freely available to all. The Universe does not place restrictions on anyone or make some people more worthy of using these gifts than others. The more we share our knowledge and skills with everyone and also encourage them to use it for the higher good, the more we succeed in our missions. Competition among spiritual healers does not help anyone, including themselves. It only adds more obstacles to be cleared than joy to be shared.
To be successful as a healer, feel free to open you arms wide and share your knowledge with the whole world. Do not hold back. No one is going to steal our secrets for they belong not us! They are of the Universe and we are just instruments in unravelling them. Know that you are perfect for what you came here to accomplish and you will accomplish it, even if millions of others do the same work as you. The Universe is abundant and so are you!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at firstname.lastname@example.org and Angel Light on Facebook.