The Fibonacci Sequence, also known as the Golden Ratio or Spiral forms the basis of many patterns we see throughout the Universe from our DNA to the plant kingdom and the shapes of galaxies.
This pattern was named after Leonardo de Pisa, a 13th century Italian mathematician known as Fibonacci. He published a book “Liber Abaci” where he introduced a number sequence that became known as the Fibonacci sequence. Starting with 0 and 1, each new number in the sequence is the sum of the two before it, i.e., 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, and so on. Although named after Leonardo de Pisa, ancient Sanskrit texts were found indicating that this pattern was already described in India as early as 200 BC, connecting the Fibonacci Sequence with Sanskrit poetic rhythm.
The Spiral can vary in its proportions but is in a constant state of expansion. It is said to act as a map for spiritual growth where we start at the beginning, the centre, and gain insight into the notion that our actions have consequences. As we gain knowledge and experience of this cause and effect, we start to grow, ever expanding our awareness and consciousness, spiralling out in our spiritual growth, realising the shape and structure of the Fibonacci Sequence in our life’s journey.
For healing and spiritual growth, the Fibonacci Sequence can be used for the following…
- When we are embarking on our journey of spiritual growth and expansion.
- When we are interested in expanding our influence, our understanding or place in this world.
- When we want to expand our understanding of the natural order of things.
One of my favourite ways of incorporating the Fibonacci Sequence into my healing practice is using it in Distant Healing sessions…
- Prepare for your Distant Healing treatment as you usually would.
- Connect with Reiki energy and do a short Gassho meditation.
- Set your intention for the Distant Healing treatment.
- Open the Distant Healing treatment with the Distant Healing Symbol, followed by any of the other Reiki symbols that you feel is appropriate and needed to facilitate the healing that you intend to do.
- Visualise the subject of the Distant Healing treatment (person, animal, situation, place, etc.) at the centre of the Fibonacci Sequence and as the Distant Healing treatment progresses, visualise their energy expanding, spiralling with the shape and structure of the Fibonacci sequence as they heal through Reiki healing.
- When the Distant Healing treatment is complete, close your Reiki session as you would normally do, giving gratitude for Reiki and its expansion through the shape and structure of the Fibonacci Sequence.
The Fibonacci Sequence can also be used on a more physical basis as a pattern for a Crystal Grid which you can place in close proximity to where you do your Reiki self-healing to support your own spiritual journey.
- Using a template or freeform, grid 10 – 12 Clear Quartz single-terminated crystals to create a Fibonacci Crystal Grid. Starting at the centre, place the Quartz crystals with termination points in the direction of the outward spiralling Fibonacci Sequence symbol as follows…
- Activate your Fibonacci Crystal Grid and place it in your healing space.
- When you do your Reiki self-healing, connect to Reiki energy and to the Fibonacci Crystal Grid and continue to do your Reiki self-healing as usual.
I hope you enjoy the benefits of bringing the Fibonacci Sequence into your healing practices.
Article by Thea van der Merwe, Ph.D.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Thea van der Merwe, Ph. D. is a nationally and internationally trained holistic energy, certified and experienced Master Reiki Practitioner, qualified in Usui Reiki, Reijukido, Karuna® Reiki, Karuna Ki Reiki, Crystal Reiki, and Gendai Reiki. She obtained the title of Shihan (full master/teacher), the highest level in Gendai Reiki Ho. Besides her greatest passion which is Reiki, Thea is also a spiritual shaman, healer, and teacher, offering readings as a way of accessing spiritual guidance. Her journey of personal discovery, growth, and healing started back in 2005 when she was personally in need of healing and searching for something more than what conventional medicine and therapy could provide. Thea is currently nationally and internationally registered with the South African Reiki Masters Association and The Reiki Healing Association respectively – both professional associations for the local and global Reiki communities, working to promote the wide-reaching practice and healing effects of Reiki throughout the world and where the primary philosophy is that together, we can do so much more. You can get into contact with Thea van der Merwe at viterra.co.za, which is her website, and at facebook.com/viterrahealing on Facebook.