The origins of Metatron’s Cube are somewhat of a mystery, but it is believed to be named after Archangel Metatron, a high-ranking angel tasked with guarding heavenly secrets. Archangel Metatron is also responsible for keeping record of all the choices that are made in heaven and on Earth and he is therefore also known as the “Scribe of God”.
Legend has it that Metatron created the Cube out of his soul. This Cube encapsulates all the patterns of sacred geometry as well as the five platonic solids and it is said that Metatron used the Cube to fulfil his task of overseeing the flow and balance of all energy in the Universe.
Metatron’s Cube is…
- A Symbol of Creation: Metatron’s Cube contains within it all the patterns of sacred geometry which represents all the patterns of creation, creating a “blueprint” for all matter in the Universe and even reveal the inner knowledge of the Divine.
- A Symbol of Balance and Harmony: Within its geometry, for example, is the Star of David and with one triangle pointing upwards and one downwards, symbolizing a union and balance of masculine and feminine energy. The interconnectedness of the circles and lines and the shapes created creates perfect balance and harmony – twigging any of these circles or lines would affect everything and create chaos and disharmony.
- A Symbol of Healing and Protection: It is a high vibrational symbol capable of attracting positive forces and dispelling negative energies. It is also believed to have healing properties, promoting balance and harmony, transmuting low vibrational energy into healed and loving energy in body, mind, and spirit.
Metatron’s Cube has become one of the most powerful spiritual symbols for transformation, healing and growth which can be used in most of our healing and mindfulness practices – in our meditations, for crystal grids and layouts and as a visualization focus when doing any form of energy/spiritual healing. Invoking this symbol into your Aura or the space around you can also bring protection.
When we work with Metatron’s Cube in our healing practices, for both self-healing and with clients, we work with the energetic foundation from which all life is created. Connecting with Metatron’s Cube and invoking its energy into our healing space, mentally or through a crystal grid or a visual symbol thereof, Metatron’s Cube can be used for the following:
- To facilitate healing, energy balance, and spiritual growth.
- To help us realise harmony and balance within ourselves and everything around us.
- To help us realise harmony and balance of nature, connecting us with the underlying patterns of the Universe.
- To help in healing and clearing away lower energies.
- To assist in identifying and healing past-life hurts and blockages tied to present obstacles.
- To facilitate our personal transformation.
- To facilitate chakra balance.
- To help create a deeper understanding of the flow of energy connecting Earth and the Divine and our Earthly role, reminding us of our personal power and using it to do good.
- To help us replace our negative and destructive thoughts and behaviours with positive and healed ones.
One of my favourite ways of incorporating Metatron’s cube into a healing session is through Crystal Reiki. Here is how…
- Create your Metatron’s Cube Crystal Grid. Use the appropriate Centre Stone, Surrounding Stones and Intention Stones that supports the intention of your healing sessions, placing them in a Metatron’s Cube crystal healing layout.
- Set your intention clearly and place the Metatron’s Cube Crystal Grid under your treatment table or near the treatment table.
- Before the start of your healing session take a moment to connect with energy to ensure of the Metatron’s Cube Crystal Grid. Make sure that its resonance feels right for the intention. If necessary, make any adjustments for improved resonance, trusting your intuition to guide you and give you a clear sense that the energy is flowing harmoniously from stone to stone and that the crystal grid is vibrationally aligned with the intention.
- Start your healing session as you normally would, connecting your Reiki activation with the energy of the Metatron’s Cube Crystal Grid energy. This would ideally comprise of a short Gassho meditation with the intention of activating the grid for the purpose it was set up for. Centre yourself in Gassho, draw the Reiki energy in through your Crown chakra and energetically connect with the crystal grid through your Palm chakras. Feel Reiki energy combine with that of the crystals and the crystal grid and allow this Crystal Reiki energy to radiate and beam through you. At this point you may even wish to incorporate Reiki symbols into the activation.
- With the Metatron’s Cube Crystal Grid energy and Reiki now activated, you can proceed with a Reiki treatment using the Reiki hand positions and completing the healing session as you normally would.
Whenever and however, you wish to use Metatron’s Cube in your healing practices, know that it is a powerful tool to find harmony, health, and serenity.
Article by Thea van der Merwe, Ph.D.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Thea van der Merwe, Ph. D. is a nationally and internationally trained holistic energy, certified and experienced Master Reiki Practitioner, qualified in Usui Reiki, Reijukido, Karuna® Reiki, Karuna Ki Reiki, Crystal Reiki, and Gendai Reiki. She obtained the title of Shihan (full master/teacher), the highest level in Gendai Reiki Ho. Besides her greatest passion which is Reiki, Thea is also a spiritual shaman, healer, and teacher, offering readings as a way of accessing spiritual guidance. Her journey of personal discovery, growth, and healing started back in 2005 when she was personally in need of healing and searching for something more than what conventional medicine and therapy could provide. Thea is currently nationally and internationally registered with the South African Reiki Masters Association and The Reiki Healing Association respectively – both professional associations for the local and global Reiki communities, working to promote the wide-reaching practice and healing effects of Reiki throughout the world and where the primary philosophy is that together, we can do so much more. You can get into contact with Thea van der Merwe at viterra.co.za, which is her website, and at facebook.com/viterrahealing on Facebook.