Article by Shailja Kapur
SUN is a symbol of life, power and strength who dispels darkness. In Hinduism, the Sun is the God with magnificent powers, which is visible to our eyes commonly known as Surya Devata; who rides a chariot with seven horses; symbolic to represent seven energy centres corresponding to the rainbow colours.
This basic guided meditation helps to connect to the divine Sun and tap its energy in our body. This meditation can be done when you want to do it. We don’t have to wait for sunrise or sunset. We will perform this meditation with Reiki and visualization. For meditation; it is always advisable to follow your intuition as it varies from person to person. Just do what feels right for you. Give yourself a quiet 20-30 minutes for this practice. Keep the spine straight while doing this meditation. Please note those not attuned to Reiki symbols can also perform this meditation by using the word Om instead of the symbols.
We will do this meditation with a hand gesture called, Surya Mudra along with chanting OM or the Surya Beej Mantra.
Surya Mudra: Hand gesture which is performed by placing the tip of the ring finger on the base of the thumb and then by applying gentle pressure with the thumb on the ring finger while the other fingers stretched out.
Surya Beej mantra: This mantra is believed to have healing powers. The vibrations of this mantra activate the fire element which greatly helps in connecting to the Sun energy.
Om Hraam Hreem Hraum Sah Suryay Namah
The meaning of this mantra is ‘I salute the Great Sun God for His Divine Grace’
- Purify the space where you are going to meditate. Incenses and camphor burner enhances the atmosphere but not essential. Put soft Reiki healing meditation music if you prefer.
- Sit in a meditative posture you are comfortable with on Earth.
- Invoke Reiki; call your angels and guides. Request them for help in the meditation.
- Express your Gratitude to them.
- Purify, Charge and Empower your hands with divine Reiki.
- Do Grounding by connecting to mother Earth with the distant symbol. The fire element is a very powerful energy therefore Grounding is a MUST for this meditation.
- Protect yourself in the Divine Reiki Light.
- Do chakra balancing.
- Breathing: Breathe in comfortably deep down to your belly. Breathe in through your nose and breathe out through your mouth. I prefer to chant OM while breathing out. Take a deep breath in and while breathing out chant Aa-Vu-Ma. Do it a few times as long as you are comfortable with.
Please note if feeling dizzy after deep breathing it means you are taking a big breath but not a belly (deep) breath.
- Light up the candle and visualise that the candle flame is the Sun. (To me, the feeling of the warmth from the candle helps visualise the Sun very easily)
- Visualise the Sun in front of you.
- Make the Distant Symbol to connect with the Sun. Feel yourself connected with the Sun.
- Do Greetings in Gassho position. Feel yourself happy that the Sun is with you.
- Make the Power Symbol and the Emotional Healing Symbol between you and the Sun.
- Perform the Surya Mudra and close the eyes (if you are comfortable with doing so) and chant for a few minutes either Om ( Aa-Vu-Ma ) or Surya Beej mantra while focusing on the Third Eye meditating on the Sun. If you wish to keep your eyes open concentrate on the candle.
- After a few minutes, stretch out your arms with palms facing the imaginary Sun (candle) and bring the Sun energy into your palms and arms while still chanting Om or the Surya Beej mantra. When you feel enough energy and warmth in your palms, turn the palms towards you and bring it to the Heart chakra and see the glowing light entering it.
- Now while still concentrating on your Heart chakra; visualise it as a Sun with a pinkish tinge which is adding glow to the green Heart chakra. This light is filling you with love and compassion. The glow from the light is moving down the spine to the Solar Plexus chakra.
- As sunlight is moving from one chakra to another, visualise it is filling it with solar energy.
- Stretch out your arms again with palms facing the imaginary Sun (candle) and bring more Sun energy into your palms while still chanting Om or the Surya Beej mantra. When you feel enough warmth in your palms, turn the palms towards you and bring it to the Solar Plexus chakra and immerse the energy of the Sun in it.
- Now visualise the Solar Plexus chakra glowing with the yellow Sun itself and its radiance moving down the spine to the Sacral chakra.
- Follow the same procedure as above for the rest of the lower chakras Sacral, Root, Knee and Foot by bringing your awareness to them one by one at a time. As sunlight is moving in your body, feel yourself getting energised. While concentrating on the Sacral chakra; visualise it as the glowing Sun in orange colour. When bringing the energy to your Root Chakra; visualise it as the glowing Sun as a red fire ball.
Those with visualisation difficulties can just concentrate on the chakra and intent that the chakra is glowing with that particular colour and filled with the divine solar energy of love and compassion. Intention along with channelling energy to the chakras plays a vital role in meditation as well.
- Visualise or intent this energy is moving down the spine passing through the Sacral, Root, Knee and Foot Chakras and ultimately reaching the Mother Earth. As Mother Earth is soaked in the solar energy which is radiating from you, it reaches to the crystalline grid, the Heart of Mother Earth.
- Thank the Mother Earth for everything you want and show your love and compassion towards her.
- Request her to transmute any excess energy or anything which doesn’t serve you right to the light.
- After spending few minutes with Mother Earth visualise Mother Earth is sending the purified positive energy as radiant pink energy filled with love and compassion and it is approaching your Heart Chakra passing through Foot, Knee, Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus chakra.
- Now bring your awareness to your Heart chakra, bring some warmth from the Sun (candle) to the Heart chakra.
- At this point if you are feeling very warm you can finish the meditation by performing the last session. Otherwise continue the same procedure of bringing warmth from the imaginary sun (candle) to upper chakras till Third Eye.
- Radiate the loving energy from your Heart chakra to the Thymus onto the Throat and the Third Eye chakra.
- Visualise all your chakras are radiating vibrantly with solar radiance.
- Immerse yourself in the energy of the Sun and visualise it is emanating from every cell of your body. Do it with full devotion.
- Transmit the solar radiance you acquired to the Universe by doing hand movements by pushing out your hands with palms facing outwards and feel yourself ONE with the Universe.
- Visualise yourself as a Huge Light Source.
- Thanks the Sun, The Mother Earth and the Universal life force energy for giving us life.
- Thank all your guides.
- Seal and protect the session with the Power symbol. (Those not attuned to Reiki symbols can just say Om to close the session)
This meditation brings feeling of calmness, happiness and glow in the body which helps us to raise our vibrations. They are the great signs of any healing occurred.
This helps us to start vibrating at higher frequencies which brings inner peace and strength.
This meditation also helps to recover when you are feeling low. It works as a preventative measure to come out of winter blues as well. You may feel very transformative after the session.
It brings free flow of Universal life force energy within and around. Do not expect a miracle in a first day but it will definitely bring divine blessings of positivity which will uplift the spirits.
It is yet simple but very powerful meditation. You will get the most benefit by practicing it regularly. This is a basic guidance but you can adapt it according to your comfort. For any healing to occur we have to work with our inner self with deeper awareness and dedication.
Stay connected with the Solar Radiance!
Love and Light!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Shailja Kapur is a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Healer. She got passion for various Reiki practices and other healing modalities. She also practices Candle Healing, Distant Healing, Crystal Healing, Dowsing, Magnified Healing, Yoga and Guided Meditation. She always felt a strong connection with Reiki. She had started practicing Reiki since her childhood without knowing what she used to do is called Reiki. As possibilities are endless with Reiki, her enthusiasm to experiment Reiki and share her experiences with the world. She believes self- purification, self-dedication and selflessness enhances your Reiki experiences. Shailja can be reached via her e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.