Article by Reiki Master Sunetra Dasgupta
Hello People! How are you? I am not so regular anymore in writing articles, that’s because I have been so busy meditating, and working on different healing techniques, it leaves me little time to write. But when I discovered this technique during meditation, I instantly knew I had to share it with all. Though there are many beautiful articles on grounding already written by other esteemed practitioners, I still thought that let me share mine and if people resonate with it, it’s great!
We keep saying “As above, so below”. This saying resonates with me to the T. It is mostly seen people are so busy connecting to the spiritual beings and balancing their Crown chakra, Stellar Gateway, Causal chakra etc., few forget to give equal attention to their feet chakra, earth diamond etc. If one needs to be balanced, it is important that you have a strong connection with the higher beings as well as with Mother Earth. Only then can we be at 5th dimension energy on a 3rd dimension plane.
If a person is not grounded, they may have frequent headaches, can be prone to psychic attacks, may not see practical aspects of life etc. Hence grounding is a must for any human being irrespective of them being in any spiritual practice or not. The beauty of grounding is there is a constant osmosis, where we are connected to Mother earth, she lovingly absorbs all the negativity from us and fills us with positive energy.
- Sit comfortably outside or on a chair/bed/sofa anywhere within the house, where your feet are firmly planted on the ground.
- This step is strictly optional, I like to keep raw Black Tourmaline rock or Hematite between my feet, as I feel it enhances my grounding. (Thank you Vedant Borah for the lovely tip).
- Visualise each cell of your body has turned to the power symbol. From the top of your head to the sole of your feet is filled with millions of power symbol.
- Then let these power symbols absorb all the energy that doesn’t serve you.
- Visualise all the symbols are moving towards Mother Earth through your feet chakra. Let this process continue for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Alternately one can visualise that the symbols are moving downwards from each part of the body. Ex. First my hands, then my crown, followed by my stomach etc. Order is not mandatory.
- As you feel that all the unwanted energy from you has been absorbed by Mother Earth, visualise your body is being filled with white light that is coming up from the ground. Your whole body is filled and surrounded by pure, soothing, white crystalline energy. Enjoy this feeling, be in the moment.
- When you feel ready, thank Mother Earth and slowly open your eyes. You will feel relaxed and refreshed.
This is a very simple and a powerful method of grounding. Personally it has helped me evolve as a person, and I have felt even my Reiki healing ability has increased as I regularly practised this method. Do try and let me know your feedback!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
When she is not a professor teaching undergraduate students Sunetra Dasgupta is a Reiki Teacher. She is emotionally attached to Reiki as she feels, when she was nowhere, Reiki came to rescue her. She has channeled Gajanan Vinayak Reiki, and heals and teaches Traditional (Usui) Reiki, Karmic Reiki, Karuna® Reiki, Soulmate Reiki, Fusion Reiki, Wagle Reiki, Angel Reiki, Tiger Reiki, Lavender Flame Reiki, 30 more types of Reiki, Magnified Healing, DLA, Akashic Records, Access Consciousness, Aura Brushing, Cord Cutting, Hypnotherapy, Past Life Regression, EFT, Psychic Surgery, Angel and Tarot Card Reading. She is also an Angel whisperer. She lives in India and can be followed on her Reiki Page: Soniele Daniel Reiki https://www.facebook.com/SunnyDReikiPractice. She has also written a book “Lessons I learned from Reiki” and can be bought from Pothi.com