Article by Justine Melton
Recently I’ve had to say goodbye to a very good friend. For me goodbyes are always hard. They leave me feeling sad, depressed and at a loss. Because of this I came up with a short and effective Reiki method for saying goodbye. It brings positivity, the greatest good for all, and love to whatever goodbye you are faced with.
Reiki Method for before saying goodbye (can be done however far in advance you would like):
1. Picture yourself and whatever you are saying goodbye to in your future moment of goodbye. For this example I will use a person as the example but you can use this method to say goodbye to anything. It is also a helpful tool with bereavement.
2. Visualize that a large bubble full of white light slowly surrounds you and the person you are saying goodbye to. At this time make one large distance symbol over it.
3. Allow yourself to think of any positive experiences you have had with this person or any good that came about from whatever you are saying goodbye to. Hold these positive thoughts for a few minutes. This step is very important as it set you at a higher vibration.
4. Make whatever Reiki symbols you feel called to use and beam Reiki at the bubble of white light that is surrounding your goodbye. Beam the Reiki energy for as long as you feel called to do so. I generally do it for 5-10min but go with what you feel is right for you.
5. At this time picture the Reiki bubble lifting up what you are saying goodbye to and carefully floating away. You have now charged your goodbye with the wonderful energy of Reiki.
Sometimes things catch you off guard and you don’t realize that you need a little extra positive energy help until you are already in the moment of saying goodbye. Here are a few things I have found that you can do quickly and really help with goodbyes. Best of all they require no pre-planning!
How to use Reiki in the moment of saying goodbye:
1. If you find it hard to talk while saying goodbye or wish you had the words to say what you wanted to simply pause for a few seconds. Make one power symbol over your throat chakra with the quick intention that you are able to say what is needed for the greatest good of all.
2. If you want to say goodbye to something and send it off with a little extra love in the moment simply visualize a pink light encircling it. Make a Reiki symbol of your choice (I usually use the power symbol in my mind here) in front of the person and set the intention that they go in peace and surrounded by love.
3. The simplest and yet effective way to add positivity to any goodbye is to simply (in your mind) make one large power symbol in front of whatever you are saying goodbye to. It is as easy as that!
Get creative, experiment and see what Reiki Method works best for you!
Sending love your way.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life a few years ago and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. Justine believes that love is the greatest healing energy. She has founded a holistic healing association called Amore Holistic Health Group where people can go and choose from a variety of different healing modalities.