Article by Rinku Patel
The fire element has the mystical power that burns all your negativity and blockages, manifests your heart’s desires, and keeps evil eye at bay. The best way to make this mystical fiery power part of your life is through candles. When you think of fire, you think of dancing flames and when you think of dancing flames, you think of beautiful candles. Candles play vital role when it comes to rituals, healing and manifestation. It transmutes darkness to light and negativity to positivity.
How to select candle:
Selection of candle is based on multiple aspects such as size, shape, and color.
Size – Select size of the candle depending on your ritual, wish or healing session. Some rituals/sessions need the candle to burn for long time whereas some are short-time rituals/sessions.
Tea- light candles are often used for the rituals/sessions with duration of couple of hours.
Shape – Again, tea-light candle is handy as it is small and round and burns out within short time. Cylindrical shaped candles are best if you are planning to anoint it with essential oils.
Color – Select the candle color depending on your ritual, wish or healing session.
- Red – Protection, passion, sexuality, health, willpower
- Orange – Ambition, attraction, clear thinking, success, justice
- Yellow – Creativity, clairvoyance, confidence, harmony
- Pink – Love, passion, togetherness, friendship
- Purple – Ward off evil, psychic abilities, spirituality, protection, business protection. Heal chronic disease, success, meditation
- Indigo – Ward off black magic, karmic issues, spirit communication, meditation
- Green – Money, fidelity, luck, abundance, marriage
- Light Blue – Patience, psychic awareness, depression, opportunity
- Dark Blue – Truth, fidelity, meditation, inspiration
- Gold – Creativity, meditation, removes negativity, luck, fortune, intuition, power
- Silver – Remove negativity, remove evil effects, increase intuition
- Black – Ward off negativity and negative thoughts, removes black magic and dark forces, ending, closing of doors, truth, protection
- White – Protection, cleansing, healing, purity, communication with guides, clear vision, meditation, exorcism, clairvoyance, peace, spiritual power, connect with moon energy. Replaces any other candle color.
Cleanse space – Cleanse the area/room that is to be used for ritual/session. Draw Power symbol on all walls and corners, burn sage or incense stick and pray to God, angels and spirit guides to bless you and your client and guide you during ritual/session.
Candle – Select the size, shape, and color of the candle as per your issue. You can carve your name and Reiki symbols on the candle. You can even carve your local currency symbol or any other symbol you know.
Essential Oil – Some people use essential oils and some doesn’t. I strongly recommend using essential oils to anoint your candle. There are 2 ways to anoint your candle:
- To release something – Draw Reiki symbols on palms and put few drops of essential oils on your palm. Now take a candle and rub the essential oil starting from middle to top. Imagine all the negativity (or whatever you want to release) releasing. Now rub from middle to bottom and focus on grounding yourself. Alternatively, simply start rubbing essential oil from bottom to top of the candle.
- To bring in something – Start rubbing essential oil from the top of the candle to middle focusing on the goal you want to achieve. Then, start from bottom to middle again focusing on the goal. Alternatively, simply start rubbing essential oil from top to bottom of the candle.
Infusing Reiki – Hold candle between your palms. If you haven’t carved symbols on candle, draw Reiki symbols over the candle and let the energy flow with the set intention. State your intention thrice while infusing candle with Reiki.
Light your candle – Light your candle and imagine the flames sending out your intentions to the Universe. Sit in front of the candle and looking at the flame, visualize the desired outcome of your wish. Visualize as much as you can, each and every small details.
Ending – Let the candle burn out. If you need to extinguish, do not blow it out, just pinch off the flame to extinguish. If it extinguishes on its own, do not worry, just think your guides and angels blew it out for you. Thank God, angels and guides. Thank Reiki, fire and candle.
Leftover wax – Dispose the leftover wax.
Do not keep thinking about your ritual. Have faith that you have given your issue to Universe and now manifestation has begun ☺
You can write your wishes along with Reiki symbols on a paper, read out loud to flame and burn it in the same flame.
Rinku Patel is a Reiki Usui Master. She practices also Karmic Reiki, Kundalini Reiki, Angel Reiki, Crystal Healing, Dowsing, Soulmate Reiki, Angel card, Tarot Card, Imara Reiki and Magnified Healing. Classes and Healing: Usui Reiki, Karmic Reiki, Kundalini Reiki, Angelic Reiki, Soulmate Reiki, Crystal healing, Angel and Tarot card reading, Dowsing, Imara Reiki and Magnified Healing. Rinku can be reached via her email address email@example.com and on Facebook at Reiki The Miracle Healing.