Article by Justine Melton
Hi Friends. Today I’d like to share with you how to do meditations with Reiki. I write a lot of guided meditations and get a lot of questions as to how to get started adding it in to your everyday life. Meditation is a wonderful opportunity to use Reiki healing in a new way and to tie the two healing modalities of meditating and Reiki together.
The most important thing to keep in mind is to not over think meditating. It is simple and is supposed to be that way. It is supposed to bring you back to source, relax you, and calm the mind. If you over complicate it or over think it you are not allowing the best part of the healing properties of meditating and Reiki to come through.
Step by step guide to meditating with Reiki:
- Pick a spot that relaxes you. A lot of times people like to start in their bedroom with the door closed. Over time you can try other locations like the beach, mountains, desert, group setting, etc.
- Pick out a relaxing blend of music to listen to during your meditation/Reiki session. It doesn’t have to be what type of music most people find relaxing. Pick what is most relaxing for you. Sometimes just listening to nature sounds can provide a huge benefit. If you don’t have nature sounds or relaxing music laying around go online and find something relaxing on youtube. It is free and there is an endless variety to choose from.
- Pick an amount of time that you can devote strictly to the session. I like to recommend 20-30min when starting. After you are more comfortable try 40-60min at a time. A great way to tell how long your session is, is to pick music that lasts the length of time you are going to be meditating. That way you are not worried about what time it is or how much time you have left the entire time you are trying to meditate with Reiki. You can also set an alarm if music is not for you.
- Get into a position that you feel you will be most comfortable in for your meditative session. I like to lay down with a pillow. A lot of people like to sit with their legs crossed and palms facing up to the sky.
- Have water nearby and be sure to take a few sips before and after your session.
- Make one large power Reiki symbol over the front of your body. You can also make whatever other symbols you feel called to make at that time.
- Clear your mind, set an intention if you feel called to do so and then close your eyes for the meditation session with Reiki.
I always recommend to keep a meditation journal and note any messages you feel that you may have gotten. Also, if you feel overwhelmed by making sure you are doing your session properly do not worry. Simply relax in a space, close your eyes, and stay in that meditative space for however long you are comfortable. It really is that simple.
Wishing you all love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life a few years ago and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. Justine believes that love is the greatest healing energy. She has founded a holistic healing association called Amore Holistic Health Group where people can go and choose from a variety of different healing modalities.