Article by Justine Melton
Receiving is something that is not a natural response to many healing practitioners. A lot of times people that devote their life to helping others heal do so much giving that they are uncomfortable with receiving anything from another. Healers give so much to others often times without being asked that it becomes second nature. I have had problems in the past being able to receive gifts, compliments, and really anything offered by another person. This is a common response but it is not balanced and not for your highest good.
I spent a few years kicking the habit of not being able to receive from others. I slowly over time acknowledged that it was something that was unhealthy and that I needed to consistently work on. I did a lot of meditation, set intentions with Reiki and paid attention to how many areas it affected in my life. Once I did this I was astonished. I was basically telling the Universe that I didn’t need all of the good that it was trying to slowly put into my life on a daily basis. I quickly changed the way I approached receiving from others and began to notice huge shifts in abundance in my life.
How to change from a space of always giving to a space of equally receiving:
- Keep a daily journal for a week or two of your days and make a list of times throughout the day where you were a giver and where you were a receiver. This can be anything from interactions with friends and family to not feeling comfortable when someone offered you a cookie at work. ☺
- Notice any patterns that may show up, acknowledge them, and address them. Tell them that they are no longer needed in your life.
- Lift your hands out together in front of you. It should be just like you are holding something to look at in the palms of your hands directly in front of your body.
- Visualize one of these patterns/problem occurrences with receiving and pretend that you see it in the palm of your hands just like you are watching a tv.
- Send Reiki to this image on your hands by beaming the Reiki directly from your eyes. I am a very visual person so for me this comes second nature. I simply make a power or master symbol with my eyes over the area on my hands and beam the Reiki straight from my eyes to the image in my hands for about 5 minutes. If you are uncomfortable with this method simply hold the image in one hand and do the Reiki symbols and beaming work with your other hand instead of your eyes.
- Visualize that the image in your hands has now switched from one of not being able to receive to an image of the same situation where you are now able to receive. For example if you were not able to accept a thank you cookie from a co-worker at work you would now visualize that you are able to happily accept the cookie.
- Make another power or master symbol over it as well. If you feel called to make the emotional symbol feel free to try that as well. You should go with your own gut of what symbols you feel work best for you.
- Give thanks to Reiki for helping you move on to a place of happily receiving.
Wishing you all love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life a few years ago and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. Justine believes that love is the greatest healing energy. She has founded a holistic healing association called Amore Holistic Health Group where people can go and choose from a variety of different healing modalities.