Article by Justine Melton
Animal Reiki is very simple and to me one of the most enjoyable ways of using Reiki. It is gaining in popularity more and more in metro areas. In Los Angeles, CA most animal lovers have heard of Animal Reiki. Animals are treated like family members and in some cases are more spoiled than the children. In this area of the world any new healing method or way to spoil their furry family members are sought out.
There is a huge population of animals that are left out of this small world. I live in a more remote area in the mountains of Southern CA. Here many people have farm animals and horses. There are sheep, chickens, goats, mountain lions, bob cats, owls, turkeys, deer, snakes, wild dogs, homeless dogs and cats, hawks, etc, all found in the same area.
I am a huge animal lover and realized that there were so many more animals out there that Reiki could benefit besides those that were brought in as typical house hold pets for Reiki Sessions. I wanted to send Reiki to all animals in my area not just those who had a human owner. Here is a short, basic method I came up with to send a basic healing out to all animals in my area. There are so many different variations of ways to do this. It is my hope that you will read this and use it as a guide to formulate your own method for the animals near you.
Distance Reiki to a group of animals:
- Ground yourself and prepare for a Reiki session in your own typical method. I like to make Master symbols on the palms of my hands at this time as well.
- Visualize all of the different types of animals that you have seen in your area that you would like to send healing energy to.
- Picture a big positive, loving ball of white divine light surrounding these animals in a group. Visualize that this ball of light is surrounding them like a protective bubble that no negativity can pass through.
- Make the master symbol (or whatever else you feel called to do) on the outside of this bubble.
- Make the distance healing symbol on the bubble. (If you are not attuned to this symbol I still believe that you can have some success with this method because of the strong power of intention with Reiki).
- Beam Reiki for 10min (or however long you feel called to do so) to the group of animals.
- Make the grounding symbol on the divine ball of light surrounding the animals and then ground yourself. You are done!
Wishing you all love and light.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life a few years ago and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. Justine believes that love is the greatest healing energy. She has founded a holistic healing association called Amore Holistic Health Group where people can go and choose from a variety of different healing modalities.