Article by Justine Melton
I am someone who likes change by nature. I like new routines, new places, new food, new people, etc. When I learned Reiki my Reiki Master taught me that one of the best things I could do for myself was to do Self-Reiki daily. I was unsure if I really wanted to do this. I could see myself doing it for a week or so but could I really stick to it? Would I get anything out of it? I decided to do self-reiki on a trial basis between my Reiki 1 and Reiki 2 attunements. The easiest way for me to get this done was to do a 15 minutes session every morning when I woke up. Then, once a week I would do a longer session to a guided meditation.
During my Reiki 2 attunement my Reiki Master had me do a guided meditation. During this time I kept being shown little gifts with red bows on them. These little gifts were all over! They were floating in the air above me, resting on the ground next to me and being carried around me by other beings. Each wrapped gift was filled with beautiful white light that radiated out of the packaging. My Reiki Master told me that this was a sign from my guides that the self-reiki I was doing on a daily basis was like giving myself a daily gift. It was the best thing I could do for myself and she strongly encouraged me to keep up the daily self-reiki treatments.
Since my Reiki 1 attunement I have done Self-Reiki on a daily basis. It has helped keep me grounded and has helped me deal with so many different things. There were several times when I would go a week or 2 feeling like I was getting nothing out of the sessions. I kept them up anyway and highly encourage you to do so. Every time after one of these episodes I would have something occur in which I was moved to a new vibrational level. I feel that on each occurrence my mind and body were getting ready to make the move to the higher level. After the fact it was always quite obvious and amazing. I would highly recommend keeping a journal of how you feel during your session and what changes you notice happening in your life. I gained a much bigger perspective of what self-reiki could do for me from this process.
Benefits of daily Self-Reiki:
- Calmer and more serene
- Senses are more accurate
- Deeper sleep and dream recall
- Greater awareness or a change in perspective
- Chronic health conditions may disappear or great relief in symptoms
- Chakras remain open or an imbalance is picked up faster and cleared sooner
- People and animals are attracted to you
- You may notice more and more synchronistic events taking place
- You notice that you are more open and better able to communicate with the other side or you notice psychic gifts beginning to develop
- Your body craves a healthy lifestyle
- You are able to move through life changes with less resistance
- Positive experiences more readily flow to you
- You make unconscious shifts towards welcoming abundance
- You may notice that you are becoming more of a humanitarian
- People start to flock to you for advice and seek you out for counseling
As a Reiki Practitioner you have the unique ability to heal yourself. Take advantage of this gift and remember that the healthier you are as a practitioner the better you are able to help others with the gift of Reiki.
Wishing you all love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life a few years ago and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. Justine believes that love is the greatest healing energy. She has founded a holistic healing association called Amore Holistic Health Group where people can go and choose from a variety of different healing modalities.