Migraine can be described as a throbbing and pulsating type of pain that usually occurs on one side of the head and can last for few hours to several days. During migraine, patients may also experience vomiting, nausea, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound and its severity can increase to such an extent that you can only find comfort in a dark and quiet place.
Scientifically speaking there are many reasons that can trigger migraine headache such as anxiety, change in the sleeping pattern, certain type of food, stress, environmental changes such as change in weather, hormonal changes (in women), or stress. But it is believed that all of these triggers produce migraine as a side effect by blocking or misbalancing a chakra. Migraine can be soothed, and most likely cured by just balancing and opening up the blocked chakras using the Reiki energy. There are seven chakras (energy centers) altogether with each controlling the physiological properties of different body parts and the two chakras responsible for migraine are located in head part.
- Brow Chakra or Third eye Chakra: It is the sixth of the seven chakras located in the center of forehead between the eyes. It deals with psychic ability and pineal and pituitary glands. Migraines may be a result of the blockage of this energy center and balance of this chakra can be restored by Reiki to relieve the pain.
- Crown Chakra: It is the seventh of the primary chakras located at the top of head, controlling the entire crown area. It deals with wisdom, intelligence, and sense of spiritual connection. Its unbalancing can result in migraine along with other problems such as stress, fatigue, etc.
Clearing and Balancing of these chakras can be achieved by Reiki, a hands-on natural healing technique that uses universal life force energy. This spiritual energy comes from the universal source and flows through the practitioner’s hand to the patient causing healing by clearing and expanding the natural energy centers.
Below are the steps of one of the Reiki techniques that will not only help to naturally relieve migraine in just few minutes, but will also decrease the frequency of future migraine attacks.
- Activate your energy by rubbing your hands lightly for ten to twenty times.
- Open up your fingers and place the palm of your hand on the painful part of the head of the person with migraine. Then gently move your hand away from the person’s head, imagining you are extracting the pain out of their head. If it is performed correctly you will sense energy on the palm of your hand.
- To enhance the affectivity you can also incorporate SEI HEI KI symbol (mental/emotional symbol) while practicing the above step.
- Now repeat the above process over all painful areas and continue to do so until you feel the migraine headache is almost gone.
- Lastly flick the energy you drawn, out of your hands on one side or out of the window.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF: